new to mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

i've been on a small dose along side my exsisting tablets for a month.. but been on just these, 30mg for a week and feel so wierd. I actually imagine this is how i would feel if someone drugged me. Spaced out, things appear to be moving slower etc. How long does this feeling last? thanks

ย 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It should pass really soon. Every daay will get gradually better. Within a couple of weeks you should feel as alert as normal.
    • Posted

Awh thanks for replying. I'll be honest, if i feel like this for a few week i may have to go back to the doctors. Not sure i could cope so long, i feel dreadful. Spaced out, heart pumping out my chest, fidgety, anxious... but its the feeling of feeling drugged thats the worst bit .. just horrible. Never had side effects like this from any other tablets.
    • Posted

Just realised you said you'd been on them over a month already? In that case it does not sound right at all as the drugged feeling usually only lasts a couple of weeks and gets noticably better by the day. I didn't get it at all when I upped my dose to 30mg from 15mg. The heart pounding thing is not good either. I agree, you should go back to your GP.
    • Posted

i've just been told i shouldn't have just been taken off others either.. should of been weened off them.. was on 150mg Venlafaxine... and hes just taken me straight off them onto these.. i feel all over the place.. horrible feeling :o(
    • Posted

I've just been taken off Mirt 15mg as could not cope with numerous side effects :0(. It did help lift my mood quite quickly but I felt I was swapping one problem for a lot of others, the worst being the sedation, then the weight gain, very restless at night, hyper sometimes, such a horrible feeling. I was also really irritable and angry. I could go on and on. These effects kicked in after about 2 weeks apart from sedation which was from day 1 but gradually got better. It's a shame as it helped my low mood and anxiety but at the expense of other things. It's fair to say that we are all different and I appear to be extremely sensitive to the side effects of these drugs. I'm now on duloxetine and so far so good :0). I really hope you find something to suit you soon? I'm on my 5th drug in a few months!! Good luck with your journey.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa

Sorry to hear of your ever changing cocktail, you know you may well be in withdrawal from the Venlafaxine (or Efexor as we call it in the UK) are you USA ?? ย 

These 2 AD's are sometimes taken together, in the USA it's nicknamed "Rocket Fuel" - I don't have any experience of this combo, or wd from the former to the latter, but I know someone who may be able to advise you, coz the doctors sure don't know what they are doing !!!!

I'll ask advice for you and be back soon. ย 

x

• Posted

Lisa, Rose is the lady who I mentioned above, she has a wealth of knowledge re your meds, I'm sure she will be able to help you through this cocktail mire maze !

ย 

• Posted

Hi Lisa

How much Effexor have you been on and how much did you go down ?

What dose are you on now ?

How fast did you go down on the Effexor ?

I see you are on 30 mirt now ?

What is your reason for the AD

Depression insomnia or anxiety or something else entirely ?

Just being noisy because maybe you went down to fast on Effexor and possibly before you go to far on 30 mirt I'd say it sounds like 15 mg makes more sense but I'm not a medically person just from reading all kinds of posts

Let me know how your are ? ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒธ

Good luck !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.