New to mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on antidepressants for over 40 yrs and on citalopram for 5yrs but due to menopausAl symptoms with insomnia gp decided to try me on mirtazapine tapering off citalopram over 2 weeks.

GP won't prescribe HRT as I've had breast cancer.

So far so good I've been on it 3 days sleep is much better but I've been woken with strange body twitches,is this a side effect that will get better with time?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes Debbie I had felt these but have subsided now .i am just coming up to. 4th week on 30 mg of mirtrazapine starting to feel the benefits

• Posted

Hi Dawn thanks for your reply. My gp has started me on 15mg running alongside Citalopram for 2 weeks.

No twitches last night but a bit restless.

Deb

• Posted

Hi deb that is something that happens bare with it though it seems it gets worse before it gets better .I have now been on them for Nearly six weeks two on 15 mg and nearly 4 on 30 mg it has been hard but I am thinking you have citralpram to taper off as well.So maybe they are withdrawal symptoms as well.I am 60 always had problems with postnatal 35 yrs ago then PMS now this .But doctor assures me I am through my menopause .stay with it take care xxxx
    • Posted

Thanks dawn I've been on and off antidepressants since I was 15 so it couldn't have always been the change 😊went to see my gp last week as I was desperate for help horrid night sweats wouldn't put me on HRT because of my previous breast cancer. I too had awful post natal depression and pms.got thrown straight into change with chemo no build up as I was only 40 so it hit me hard 12 years later still going thru it bloody nightmare

Keep well and take care Deb x

• Posted

Oh gosh poor you have had a life of it too.if its not one day thing it's another .our hormones do have a lot to answer for though.take care xxxalways here xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.