New to Mirtazipine, hoping it works!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, I've had health anxiety since I was 11 (now 37). I haven't had an episode like this in years, panic attacks, ocd's, unable to leave the house etc... I tried two other antidepressants which made me feel absolutely awful! I'm now on Mirtazipine, it is at least allowing me to have some sleep (which I haven't done properly since November last year)

I'd just like to hear some positive things about how people have found this medication, I'm in desperate need of positive things and I just want my life back! I can't believe I'm back I this place again!

Kirsty X

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kirsty

I have been on mirtazapine for 6 years, it gave me back my life. I'm on 30mg but sometimes have a few blips and have to go up to 45mg. It really helps with sleep and it seems to help with my anxiety, and I feel more confident in social aspects. I did put on 2 stone in weight, but needed it as I lost a lot when in the depths of despair.

Hope this helps and you start to feel better. It's a horrible illness.

Elaine. X

• Posted

Hi Elaine ... it's really nice to here from positive people about mirt, I know iv only been on this tablet for 6 mth but it as helped me, more so with sleep, I use to be on trazadone for 15yrs but for what ever reason they stoped working, so my doc put me on mirtazapine, and sleep is brill now, which helps so much when your feeling low, if I'd read some of the negative people on here when I first started on mirt, I think I'd not stayed on this tablet as they seem to want to scare you to death, one lady on this forum gave me the hope to stick on mirt and now I don't look back, as iv always said what works for one may not work for another.... but knowing uv stuck by this tablet for so long gives me the hope I was looking for, and will stick with it until the time it stops working all together ..

Nice to here a good story

Good luk and take care 😁X

• Posted

Thank you so much Elaine, I find such comfort in knowing that people understand where I'm coming from and that they themselves are coming out the other side!

It really is a horrible illness and one so few people understand!

I'm so happy this is helping you to have a better life

Kirsty x

• Posted

Completely agree, it's so nice to hear a positive story that things can get better!

Kirsty x

• Posted

Hey kirsty. I am relatively new to mirtazapine too. I am on 45mg and its helped with depression and sleep. I am back at work and my exercise classes which i love. Doc said i will be on 6mth - 12 mths and then we will discuss withdrawal. ( on 3 mths starting with 15mg). Dont ficus on the negatives just see if it works for you. We are all here for you anytime x 😍😘

• Posted

What a lovely thing to say, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! It's fantastic to know you are back to your exercise classes too, so pleased for you! Before this relapse I was training for a marathon, so knowing this has helped you in this way really gives me a boost!

Kirsty xx

• Posted

You will get there. It might be small steps but they are still steps in the right direction. If you slip dont worry. Just put it behind you and take the next step forward. X
  • Posted

I just started remeron on Wednesday night and it is not Saturday night and I to have been sleeping in like crazy and feeling groggy and spaced and today all day been feeling spaced and anxious more then the first couple days and then I took my dose tonight and my heart started racing it has stopped now but is this normal within the first few weeks any feed back would be awesome
    • Posted

Hi, how are you getting on with the medication now? I never had the heart racing symptom but definitely felt groogy and had dizzy spells at first, especially when I got up too quickly! Are you feeling better?

Kirsty x

• Posted

I have been on it a week and feel so much better on that I can sleep although it causes dry mouth and vivid dreams ..I was on zopiclone for five years and stopped cold turkey twice and it gave me hallucinations so this is working well do far..good luck.
    • Posted

My doc is starting me on mitz tomorrow 15mg anything I should know ? Are they worth trying? I was on 50mg serlan and didn't agree with me, thanks

• Posted

I'm so glad it's working for you! To be able to sleep is really lovely isn't it 😊 I've been on it two weeks and I'm noticing I'm coping with things a little better, the panics are there but I'm handling them better so I see that as a plus! I've just started getting a dry mouth and the vivid dreams too, but there nothing I can't handle thankfully. I keep thinking how ill I was on Prozac, this Med is a god send in comparison!

Kirsty x

• Posted

I've found Mirt has worked really well for me so far! I've been on them two weeks and I actually go to sleep now without stressing out completely, which is such a relief!! I'm on 15mg at present to treat my anxiety, but this may be upped in the future. I haven't had an horrid side effects at all. They do give you a big appetite, but I find if you just keep an eye on what you're eating you can control the weight gain, but I'm early days don't know if that changes? I felt very sleepy in the morning at first and had a bit of a groggy dizzy head too but that is easing off, I also get dizzy if I stand up too quickly. I was constipated at first (sorry tmi) but that's getting better now too. I've also got a dry mouth but nothing I can't handle. Really hope it helps and works for you!

Kirsty x

• Posted

IV had dry mouth , feeling dizzy and in and out of reality experience on the sertal, hoping this med is much better as.i really need something and doc said in my cause of depressing ,panic disorder and LCD it's perfect , fingers crossed will keep yous updated I need a good night's sleep as IV been waking several times during the night and I'm exhausted thanks kirsty

• Posted

I really think it will help you sleep as that was something that happened instantly for me with it! Apparently helping with the anxiety, depression etc takes longer, so I'm hoping for improvements every day I take them. I long for my 'normal' life back, worrying all the time is exhausting! I hope these meds work for you and they help to ease some of your worries, keep me posted on how you get on with it 😊

Kirsty x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.