New to Oristat - also doing slimming world

Posted , 4 users are following.

GP prescribed me a couple of days ago, have 7-8 stone to loose, also recommended slimming world alongside. Going to start the slimming world first as GP warned me about starting tablets with lots of fat in my system.

I am going to avoid using cheese, chocolate, crisps as my syns, have also searched and people seem to say salmon & eggs(which are free on slimming world)

If anyone else is sucessfully doing alongside slimming world  would love some support.

also does anyone have a typical orlistat food list or food diary or any Orlistat tips for new starters?

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with your journey - I don't do slimming world but have done it in the past

xxx

• Posted

Hi

I stuck to my own diet plan o no idea about SW but have dropped from a 24 to a 12 in a year i have a blog of you want it? it has meal ideas etc

Britney

X

• Posted

Thanks for the welcome, have been on SW nearly a week and orlistat a couple of days - all go so farsmile

• Posted

Hi I also do sw alongside taking orlistat I have have been on the pills 3 months  and started sw 7 weeks ago ...In 7 weeks I have lost 15 pound .....have not had any nasty side effects with the pills eating sw recipes ...good luck with your plan I am sure you will do well doing both together  

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I am 2 weeks into SW and 1 week orlistat, no side effects so far, is there there anything you avoid on orlistat that is allowed on SW

Kust trying to find a hot chocolate, dine on SW but fat seems do high on a lot of the brands

• Posted

Hi ....options hot chocolate is good on sw......i have not had any side effects with any of sw foods whilst on orlistat (so far ) !!!! Made lots of the recipes and fingers crossed all seems to be working well together 

Good luck I am sure you will be fine 

Karen x 

• Posted

Thanks Karen, had a look at the options but the fat was something like 6.9 per 100gram, have you tried options.

I seem fine with eggs and everything else, i tend to do sw 1st and then look at fat content 2nd to see if i can have it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.