new to Orlistast - took them 4 2 days - never again

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been prescribed these tablets from my doctor, took the for 2 days, and i have stopped taking them.

The doctor didnt tell me about the side affects. Has anyone else that is taking these pills had the side effects.

Thet consist of: Urgent rushes to toilet, bad wind, and worst of all - oil cumming out of bum all the time i had to change my underwere at least 4 times a day and this is still happening even though i havnt taken a pill scine saturday.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

you need to read some of the other threads on this forum

Please don't give up if you follow the advice here you'll be OK

None of us appear to have had much help or guidance from GPs but this forum rreally helps

Read back and keep going it will work

Good luck

Laups

• Posted

Yep - hang in there. Your only having the side effects as your diet is probably containing too much fat. You shouldnt have anything more than 15g max per meal.

I've been on them for a week and by eating a low fat diet and drinking plenty of water havent had any side effects except for a headache the first couple of days.

Persevere with them, the end is worth it if you read the comments from all on here who are taking the \"blueys\".

:fairy:

• Posted

Hi Charliegirl

I can only repeat what the others have said. Stick with them the orange oil doesn't happen if you stick to the allowed amount of fat.

I have a couple of experiences with the orange oil but now I've found out what I was eating to cause it, CREAMY COLESLAW! So now I don't have it.

Have a read through the posts on here and you will feel better about taking them, the support and help on here is brilliant.

xx

• Posted

Hi Charlie

You have to alter your diet with these, as skye always says they arent miracle pills, its difficult at first but once you get the hang of it, you dont really notice!!

Im still eating plenty, you just need to look at what you eat!

If you want any advice etc, we have all been there and can help

Saz :lol:

• Posted

Agreeing with the rest of the gang.... smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.