New to Orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Been taking Orlistat for 3 days now. Been really good watching what I eat, can't excercise at the moment as I am nursing a sprained ankle.

Found eveything ok just felt a bit sick after my main meal each night, did anyone else have this?

Hope it works as I have 4 stone to lose :shock:

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

have been on orlistat for 5 days now, no feelings of sickness but have experienced some of the other dreaded side effects!!! even with a low fat diet and being very good. Hope it works for us all, keep checking in and we can all motivate each other when the going gets tough.

Px

• Posted

had my first week weigh in and have lost 7lb!! i am feeling a lot better too, and side effects still not too bad. Long may it continue :lol:
  • Posted

I'm on day 2 and so far so good!

I'm not too sure if I'm managing to stay on a very low fat diet but htere's been no obvious side effects so far! touch wood!

I think the hardest thing is not grabbing something (usually high fat) every time I sit down. I've got problems with my back so spend a lot of time either sitting or lying down and usually eating!

I'm hoping to lose just less than three stone, I know I'm never ever going to be skinny I just want to go into shops and take things off the rails istead of first looking for the size 20+ first!

Good luck with your diet anyway, it's nearly eleven o'clock at nigh and I'm just about to eat half a tin of low fat rice pudding with fresh rasberries....my life is so exciting!

• Posted

Hi, iam on day 9, having some side effects but managle.m Not having any treats at all, feel very motivated at present. One week weigh in on my scales and have lost 3 lbs. However can't stop myself jumping on the scales and feeling a bit disapointed as no further loss yet. Don't know if my expectations are too high. Just feel that i have been giving %100 per cent both diet and exercise.

Px

• Posted

hi im on day 7 now and and have just enjoyed my first down side of these tablets today which only goes to show i need to be more careful lol hope your starting to lose again now but try to keep of scales as different ones show different weights i know mine do smile
  • Posted

hi im on day 7 now and and have just enjoyed my first down side of these tablets today which only goes to show i need to be more careful lol hope your starting to lose again now but try to keep of scales as different ones show different weights i know mine do smile
  • Posted

hi all im on my 3rd week and have lost 5kg go back to doctors 1st week in dec i think i have done really well ,i have had none of the side effects at all so hoping she gives me another prescription to get another 5kg off good luck every one :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.