New to Orlistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to all, i am new to orlistat as this is my second day.

I am a little worried as my GP didn't give me any nutrition advise just said eat low fat, doesn't really tell you much.

We are also on a low budget and feeding a family of 5 isn't easy when the kids all like something different i am hoping that this will help my kitchen be a kitchen and not a cafe lol.

Any help and advice would be brill, oh also my chemist gave me a blank box so i have no batch number will MAP still be able to help me or will i have to wait till i get a proper box, sorry for being a long post and thanks for reading.

Lisa xx xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

:D hi baileyzlady I have been on orlistat for 5 weeks and i to have a family of five to feed with all different meals . what i have found with orlistat

is not to have mince or high fat contents foods as it causes to spend more time on loo than anyone would like to :oops: but other than that i have lost 2 and a half stone and feel alot better in my self

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying and i'm sorry not to reply to you earlie than now. Well thank you so much for the advice and just to let you kow i've just weighed myself and after 7 day's i have lost 8 1/2 pounds being on 1 tablet a day, i'm speking to my GP on the phone on tuesday, so i hope he let's me stay on it. Please let me know how your getting on too. Hope to chat soon Lisa xx
  • Posted

Not very helpful of your GP Lisa but lots of people on this site seem to have had the same experience. Obviously if you've got kids you don't want to turn your healthy eating into a trial for both you and them. Most children still need full fat versions of dairy foods like milk while they're growing so you can't avoid having some foods in the fridge for you and some for them but you're more likely to give up if you're having to cook two sets of meals or watch them tucking into things you'd really like to be eating yourself.

I bought a copy of the readers digest low fat no fat cook book and it's full of really varied, colourful foods with all the fat and total calorie contents already worked out. Every supermarket seems to have similar books on the shelves - i'm sure if you have a look you'll find something which has adapated versions of dishes you know your kids will eat. Making small changes like using leaner meat, reduced fat spreads instead of butter or margarine. Become a label bore - reading and comparing the labels on foods can be really helpful. Having been really good for weeks i suddenly discovered the nice wholesome oat cereal i snacked on tasted so good because it was packed with sugar.... If the kids are old enough they can help you look at the labels while you're shopping so they get used to knowing whether something is a food they can eat alot of, some of or should just be an occasional treat. No food should eb completely off limits for you or the kids or it will just feel like a grind

• Posted

I started Orlistat yesterday....

Im fine but a bit foggy in the head and a bit mild headaxches.

I had my first oily stool just now, not pleasant.

I will lower fat a bit more. I am encousraged by what i have seen here though I hope it work.

I have 3 stone to shift from 13st to 10st.

D x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.