New to Orlistat

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey guys

im new to orlistat, dr put me on it two weeks ago, but gave me hardly any advice..his total input included 'if you eat anything 'bad' things will get very runny and messy'. iv been reading some of the posts here and one thing that surprised me is its harder if you have less weight to loose?

im 5ft 3 and 13 stone 3 lbs (on day of being put on the tablets). i started taking the tablets yesterday but had a week of being 'good'- didnt want to start yet as it was in the week running up to my birthday

not really sure on what im doing with the tablets..trying to get a hang of low fat etc..not a fan of WW meals as they tend to be rather bland and full of HUGE chunks of tomato - really really really dislike them haha >.<

has any one got any advice for meals?

my last two days have been like this

breakfast (took pill)

honey nut shreddies - 40g/125 ml ss milk = 4.7g

go ahead yogurt slice x 2 (1.8gx2)= 3.6g

Lunch (took pill)

2 slices wholemeal bread (0.6gx2)= 1.4g

flora lighter than light spread

ham (4 slices)= 1.8g

snack - 2 small apples

Dinner (took pill)

Weight Watchers Chicken & Lemon Risotto = 7.8g

Muller Fruit Corner Cherry = 3.9g

Small apple

2 go ahead cherry slices = 2g

I know that only comes up to roughly 26.9g fat, but can any improvements be made?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

do you drink tea/coffee with milk as you need to factor that in.

the WW meals you are looking at TOTAL fat as this is what these tablets work on ?

apples maybe split them up and eat after main meal as it helps to break up fat and not so many as they contain natural sugars

also tree green tea flavoured one's are nicer than the normal.

make sure you are not eating after 18.30.

what ham are you getting at that fat content?

are you drinking water ?

• Posted

dont tend to drink tea all that much, only once in a blue moon - one or two cups a week with tiny amount of milk and one suger, dont drink tea as it sends me batty on caffeine :p

the ham i worked out by looking at portion sizes (5g) im not even eating a quarter of the portion size thats for so i worked out roughly its about 1.8g..might out by a little but not much

dont like green tea much, and water im drinking 5 bottles of 500ml a day :p

aside from that im having no side effects, possibly a little more wind at a stretch but nothing notable =/ so are the pills atcually working? i know im not eating over 30g a day as im being careful average iis 25-28g a day so im eating enough fat

• Posted

sorry meant dont drink coffee as it sends me batty >.<
  • Posted

wind is a side affect, not that pleasant but something I can at least live with :D

looks like you are doing it all as required so looking forward to hearing about your weight and cm's loss

• Posted

yeah can live with the wind :p

think iv got about 3-4 stone to loose, im currently a size 18 =// want to get back to my pre- child size :p so a size 10-12 ish smile

it seems like a lot of drs dont give proper advice about something that can be rather life changing >.< i know mine didnt give me all that much advice, he hasnt even put me in to see the nurse or anything..i went to the dr to get contraception and came out on these pill hahah >.<

been trying to loose weight for over 2 years,most iv budged is 10lbs which i ended up putting back on again, its only now that im almost completely cutting out bad stuff..

just waiting to see the results, been on them 4 days now, nothing notable, aside from the wind its like im not on anything :P

fingers crossed :D

• Posted

seem to be having a result, two weeks ago when i was prescribed the blueys i was 85kg, didnt start for a week, but behaved - practically the same as what im eating now except for the weekend as it was my birthday on the saturday.

weighted myself today..82kg! thats around 3/4lb loss right? iv only been on the blueys for 4 days today& a week of good behavior :D

going to call drs/nurse tomorrow to get weighed in 2 weeks to see if theres any more loss :p

• Posted

A kilo is 2.2 pounds so 3 kilos is 6.6 pounds thats just over 6 and half pounds well done smile
  • Posted

Just had to add That's almost half a stone ! Brilliant start smile
  • Posted

thanks! have a feeling iv blown that this week end, not been too bad but been pretty stressed out so have had a 50g packed of crisps today (11g) and a kinder bueno bar (8g per bar) >.< thats on top of the 30g i have a day >.<
  • Posted

draw a line underneath and carry on with the journey. Try and have some low fat crisps and lower treats so you don't go over your limit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.