New to Orlistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone! I have been researching Orlistat and came across this forum last week, and after reading all your posts helping eachother I decided to join for some inspiration/motivation. I started the tablets today after 6 weeks on a low carb high fat diet and I have gotten used to eating lots of oily fish, cheese and nuts so it is going to be hard cutting those out! My doctor said to take the tablets either before, during, or 1 hour after a meal... from experience when do you guys think is best? Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi jess

I'm new too! Started today 😁

I'm took mine just before I started eating....

Good luck 😁

• Posted

Hiya, welcome aboard! I hope you don't find it too hard switching your diet. I am pretty low carb, low fat but high protein with 50% of each meal being veg/salad or fruit at breakfast but you'll find your own way soon enough. I take mine just before I eat - think its psychological that it means it starts to work before the food enters my system! Good luck xx

• Posted

I'm new to Alli too.  Just bought it today.  I've been following a pretty good diet the last 2 weeks.  I took 1 pill today.  I'm curious if anyone else started out with 1 a day?  I'm nervous about "side effects"  I've definitely been eating less that 15 g fat per meal but still very nervous since I've read numerous horror stories!

• Posted

I think over the counter Alli is half the strength of the Orlistat prescribed by the doctor so the side effects shouldn't be as severe, it sounds like you are following it correctly by sticking to low fat meals anyway fingers crossed and best of luck! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.