New to Orlistat - HELP with treats/snacks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

Started Orlistat on Wednesday, have just been following a very low fat diet but not really counting calories. Sort of following SW guide lines as this is a diet I am used to.

NO SIDE EFFECTS - No oily stools??? AM I DOING IT WRONG ?? Havent been on the scales yet.......

TREATS/SNACKS - if you have a snack between meals can it be anything that is low fat? Has anyone had sweets like fat free marshmellows?

I think that I am so scared to eat anything that may cause an unpleasant side effect I would lose weight WITHOUT the tablets if I ate what I am eating at the moment !!

Clare

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The idea of the tablets is to make you eat a low fat diet because if you go over the allotted amount you will get side effects.

As for treats I have dried fruit or fruit. but I have bought WW yoghurts, Go Aheads, Special K bars, caramel Snack Jacks to have as puddings so I am getting my sweet needs catered for.

• Posted

i have fruit/salad nibbles, low fat yogurts, a weight watchers cake slice (carrot cake 0.7g each, lemon 0.5g), sometimes will have sweets which are fat free but many are high cal so a few isnt terrible but to eat the whole pack wont help in the bid to budge the lbs!
  • Posted

Hi

Thanks for that advice.

I know that the whole idea is to be \"good\" and not snack etc.... but handy to know what you can have if you feel the need. Caramel snack a jacks are perfect for a little sweet treat. And the savoury snack a jacks HAVE to be better than tucking into a packet of crisps.

It seems to be going too well...... I am dying to get on the scales but will wait until Wednesday as that will be my first week on the Tablets.

So should your days total intake NOT exceed 30g? If I had a bag of snack a jacks at 1gram of fat do I just take that off my 30g?

Clare

• Posted

your days total should not exceed 30g, no one meal should exceed 15g and ideally snacking should be as minimal as possible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.