New to orlistat, open discussion

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, 

My very first post here and thought it was a good idea to introduce myself and explain my reasons for joining.

I started Orlistat 2 days ago on the recommendation of a client and good friend who is now 'skinny' compared, as he lost 2 stone in 2 months! Using orlistat, his method was to try and use the tablets as little as possible to make them last longer, I asked him how he did it and I will post more information later after talking with him again but he basically said he only really has one low calorie main meal a day and 'grazes' throughout the day on chicken, beef and ham, so his calorie intake is about 100 calories per graze and about 400 calories for his meal.

I have to say the shock of these amazing tablets hits you as it has hit me this morning, we were at a birthday party last night and I didn't think about the fat content in some of these things, but certainly do now, like I say I have only been taking them for 2 days and have yet to learn the full side affects that affect me personally, this in its own right will make me avoid fatty foods as I do not want a repeat of this morning!

I will post on a regular basis and keep you all updtated

Thanks Guys

Will

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Looking forward to your updates Will.

Wendy (Day 1)!

• Posted

I have yo say its not a good for you to eat so much red meat in one day. Its not a good idea apart from white steamed chicken and steamed fish. Its best to lose the weight nice and steady. I have been on oralist for 3 months now and i have lost nearly 2 stone. I have cereal for breakfast low calorie dinner ie salad, or weight watchers meal, or steamed veg with either chicken or fish. A weight watchers yogurt or a low calorie bar. On the eveving i have a slim fast milk shake. My doctor and myself are pleased with my results. I certainly would not recomend all that meat.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I understand where you are coming from with the meat, but it has clearly worked for my friend, he has lost 2 stone in 2 months, and he feels better than ever, I personally am also eating cherry tomatoes and crab sticks, just keeping the hunger at bay, will keep posting to update everyone.
  • Posted

Hi Will how's it going?  I've lost 3lb in the first week and whilst this may not set the world on fire it's a good result as I have not found it too difficult sticking to the 5g fat per 100g rule.  I have completely cut out the obvious bad foods such as cheese, chocolate, biscuits and crisps but other than that I've still been able to enjoy some things which have surprised me - like fruit bread (but without the butter)!!!  Hope you are doing well.

Wendy X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.