New to PR & Frustrated

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone. I was dx with PR on March 6. I first noticed red spots on by breast and left arm and thought it was ringworm but it did not go away. Then I discovered my "Mother Patch" on my R side, and have no idea how long it had been there. My Dr. was very quick to dx PR and said there was nothing that could be done, that it had to run it's course. I have now have spots on my stomach and upper back but the ones that I first noticed on my L arm are starting to fade but new one keep popping up and I still have the Mother Patch. Is this normal? Also they seem to itch more after I shower or become hot, is that normal? I feel like I have the plague and have became very self-conscious about my upper body sad.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi! This is all normal! My 16 year old daughter has had it for 5 months now! We tried literally everything, oral cortisone, potent cortisone creams, antibiotics, name it! We saw 5 different doctors but none of them know the cause or the cure for it! Avoid long hot showers, pile up on vitamins, good diet, moisturize twice a day and try not to stress so much! My daughter’s rashes have diminished but new ones come on a daily basis! I bought Prreze from the US and paid £150 for it including shipping and import tax and has helped a lot! Please do not panick! Avoid artificial processed food and live healthy! I believe there is nothing else you can do! Please do not use strong perfumes or lotions, everything natural! Good luck ok!

• Posted

I have just kind of diagnosed myself. I have what I think is a mother patch on my arm and thought ringworm but canestan didn’t help. I went to the doctors yesterday with red pimples that looked a bit like insect bites and he just said allergic reaction. Today the pimples have grown into large red spots and i have them all over my front, buttocks, legs and arms. A pharmacist today said two different skin conditions - one of which is probably ringworm but after doing some googling came across this site! The main ring I have had for about 3 weeks and the spots about 5 days. I itch much more after becoming warm or having a bath too. I am taking anti histamine. This morning I was in tears because no one could tell me what was wrong but I feel better after discovering it probably is this. I think th3 rash keeps coming out for about 10 days. I still have the mother patch. I have been under immense stress lately and I also have the cold sore virus in my system and have read there can be links to both. Xx
    • Posted

Hi! Please do not stress! If you initially had a main patch, the Herald patch, then it is probably Pityriasis Rosea! Try to get some Prreze and use it twice daily! Short Luke warm showers as heat makes it worse! Natural cotton clothing and a good diet! Make yourself strong! Sleep plenty! Hydrate! My girl has had it for 5 months now but improving! At the beginning we were very stressed and it made it worse! The doctors mentioned that PR is usually caused by an old infection or even a vaccine! No one really know the cause nor treatment! Just know that you are not alone! 
    • Posted

That nasty thing about PR (after the ugly part and the itch) is that for many people all the rash stays until it is time for all of it to leave. 6 to 12 weeks for most people, poor monicap's daughter is 5 months in!!!! Mine was 14 months and  going strong, but we are exceptions. Take cool showers, exercise less!!! Sweating or getting hot makes it worse. 

There is no hard evidence of links between cold sores (any form of herpes) and PR, I do not, nor, to the best of my knowledge, have never had any form of herpes nor mono, and yet, I had PR.

PR is systemic, so it can pop up far from the herald or other patches you have.

• Posted

I had PR 2 years ago. Found a woman online who said get on a sunbed NOW!.... I had 6 minutes on an infra-red sunbed (good for skin problems etc)..... within 24 hours it was 70% gone..... a few more sunbeds and it was gone. I was nearly 4 weeks in and suffering terribly.

Lucky me.....it's just returned..... well.... I have my herald patch. I've been having a few minutes on the sunbed here and there......seems to be suppressing it.....

I will keep e.one posted.

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.