New to Propranolol

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been taking Ramipril 5mg for around 9 months now for high BP.  This is now around 128/80 now as opposed to the 170/105 it tended to be before medication.  I have just been prescribed Propranolol 80mg slow release as I have been suffering with anxiety for a good couple of months now.  I have got to the point where I feel I am surviving instead of living and can just get through the day at work.  I am 45 and have never suffered anxiety before.  My heart starts racing, I feel sick and shaky and have to get out of situations fast before I feel I might pass out.  My concern with taking both medicines together its that it might lower my blood pressure to much, is anyone elso on ramipril and propranolol.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen, at the moment I am in the middle of reducing medication for anxiety and

& depression as i need to change antidepressants, at the moment I am on

10mg ramipril for high blood pressure & 80mg propanolol for anxiety, but previously I was on

160mg of propanolol., anyway what I wanted to let you know was that my blood

Pressure never went too low to cause concern which i had to check 3x a day

The propanolol slowed my heartbeat from 90 to 50/54 , i found this to be more

Comfortable than my 💓 racing even when I was just sat down. One of the side

Effects that I got when i was on the higher dose was breathlessness and that is one of the

Reasons i need to change meds for, as i also take sertraline for depression

The two together are not suitable for me, I'm sorry if I've prattled on a bit but

I hope i have helped you a little , and eased your mind regarding your blood

pressure, wishing you good health in the near future x

• Posted

Hi Trina,

Thank you for your feedback I find my heart races along as well so hopefully the medication will also help with this.

Hope you get your medication sorted to suit you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.