new to prozac

Posted , 4 users are following.

How long does it take to feel the effects of Prozac?? I just started on Saturday..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Low dosage: a month.. if you get eye floaties or ear pain. It's not for you. If you get Nausea or dry mouth will go away.

• Posted

I had a lot of increased anxiety and some horrible nausea when I first started this medicine for about 3 weeks.   Very rollercoaster ride like ups and downs...but about week 4 I started to realize “wow I am feeling better than I have in a long time”!   Hang in there if you can and see how it works, but it does take time.   Just take one day at a time! 
  • Posted

Hi there!  I agree 100% with ro74121, That is exactly how I felt...and Once I got in my head to literally take one day at a time it got so much better.  Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.