new to quetiapine also take venlafafine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been put on quetiapine 50mg at night as have serious insomnia.

I take venlafaxine xl 225mg in the morning.

I have only been on the quetiapine a few days but have struggled to get. started in the morning. I have no energy.

Is anyone else on there two drugs?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi yvonne.sorry to see youve not had a reply.to your post ! i myself take venlafaxine xl 225mg and i also take quetiapine in the morning and at night. i find it doesnt always do what i hope so i take a extra 25mg to help i take quetiapine as i was having crying fits and it helps at times if youve not already done so go back to your doctor and see if he can help david
  • Posted

I'm currently on both these medications. Was doing great for awhile but had a major set back other day, caused unnecessary misery by txt to the only remaining family member I talk to? No idea why, can't explain it, said awful things I can't take back and it was only the next day that the magnitude of what I had done sunk in? I now have this hollow feeling inside and my depression seems to be back with a vengeance. I've thought about ending it so many times over the past couple days but struggled on because I see my psychiatrist tomorrow but I don't really trust him, it's awful when things are going so well and then stuff happens, worse when caused yourself? I'm now totally alone in this world. I hope you and everyone else never experience what I'm experiencing now and wish you all luck, until this episode all was going fine so the meds really do help, I just lost my way somehow.
    • Posted

hi night owl im sorry to hear your story because in.many ways it mirrors my own ! im on venlafaxine and quitiapine and i find i still get dark periods especially the crying periods which can be for no.reason so my.phyciatrist was the one put me on quetiapine.but its been a case of.changing the dose in the hope that helps which it does most of the time ! i would say that you need to talk honestly with. phycatrist and learn to trust him or her ! i would be grateful if you.would keep in touch the reason is we can compare our experiences of these two medications ! take care and i wish you well david !
    • Posted

Hi could I ask wot dosage U on and have been on PLS
    • Posted

sarah im on 225mg venlafaxine and i think it 50 mg quetiapine in the morning and 25mg at night and also amitriptalene unsure of the strength ! david
  • Posted

Hi I take 225mg venflaxatine 750mg Depakote morn and even a mood stabiliser. I have BPD the depression is the worst. Starting seeing a new doctor as the old one would not review my meds. It was the first time a new med was tried and I too had awful insomnia started on 50mg quetapeine then 100mg, I was told I could hav increases appetite and in the past would hav refused these but depression and lack of sleep and anxiety been so bad I needed to try new med. Defo increase appetite and at night im waking up and eating. Sleep much better. Saw a consultant doc who has increased quetapeine over 4 weeks by 50 mg a week. I am currently on week 3 at 250mg quetapeine and i am so tired feel like a zombie, the depression is the same, I have defo put weight on which I'm really bothered about as I hav history of eating disorders. I am going to carry on taking it I have app 16th March to review and I

suppose I won't no until IVE been on the 300mg for a while. He did say It has a sedation effect but I was hoping to feel better and get bk to the gym, I'm lucky if I manage to get in the bath that is an achievement in itself. I eas told that the quetapeine can go up to 800mg and if not there is another option that isn't sedating or cause hunger, but Becoz I was already on quetapeine we tried that and he said Venflaxatine works well with quetapeine but I'm really struggling IVE never felt so tired and I always heard ppl say U feel foggy in the head well I am so forgetful I don't no wot im doing my memory is awful im a mess

• Posted

As I have said I am on 50mg quetiapine at night and 225mg venlafaxine xl in morning. I find I am tired all the time. My memory and concentration is terrible. It is good to know that you are feeling the same as I thought I was falling apart. I am seeing psychiatrist on 20th and can ask to have my medication reviewed now that I know it is the medication that is causing this. I hope you get your medication sorted too.
    • Posted

Snap I'm seeing mine on the 16th app it can take a while to work but I'm lucky if I do the washing up or hav a bath I feel paralysed and no one understands im so sick of ppl telling ME to just get on with it if it was that easy Id b bloody doing it. He did say the dose of quetapeine can go up to 800mg but the thought of that at the moment is awful. I just want to get no to actually doing things. I no depression comes and goes but this had been over 6 months IVE not left the house in 2 months only to go to app and my local shop I just can't manage anything. Thank U for sharing
    • Posted

hi yvonne i take 225mg venlafaxine and 25mg quetiapine in the morning and at night i still struggle to sleep and feel really tired all.day which bothers me ! i dont know when ive got the phyciatrist i think in april so hopefully.things will get better in the meantime ! your memory and concentration are important to you getting better it might be worth going back to your doctor and see if you can get some help sooner ! ive got short term memory problems and poor balance at times but.mines is cause by the after affects of my brain haemorage ! i hope things continue.to get better for you. ! david
    • Posted

I take the quetiapine at night and I find it helps me to sleep. It maybe worth while trying it at night.
    • Posted

hi yvonne i take 25mg at night but it doesnt always work so i feel really tired the next day ! but needs must as they say ! david
    • Posted

Maybe you need to go up to 50mg like me. It has helped me sleep and feel better in the morning.
    • Posted

Hi I agree I started at 50mg for sleep and anxiety and took at night ot increases to 100mg which really helped with the sleep. Ask UR doctor as 25mg is v low dose. However I did find it hard to get up but saying that i am v depressed so getting up is hard anyway. The quetapeine defo help with sleep. Mayb U just need an increase to 50mg.
  • Posted

Hi scifiyvonne! You may get more replies if you change spelling in heading!! I am also on 225mg xl of venlafaxine in the morning and 50mg of quetiapine at night to help sleep as i had terrible insommnia from the depression and then made worse by the venlafaxine. I generally feel ok, sometimes do feel very groggy in the morning and it takes a while to get going, but it definitelyhelps me sleep through the night. Only side effects i have noticed is weight gain, as i am eating less and still putting on weight! Also if i am even a few hours late with the venlafaxine I can feel it straight away! I get dizzy, and these horrible electric shock feelings! The depression is definitelt better but i do still have days of feeling terrible. Have been on them for 6 months now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.