New to scabies

Posted , 3 users are following.

5 days ago i was itchy as hell and it lasted for another 3-4 days and so i went to the doctor and he didn't even do any kind of test, he just looked at my rash and the dots and i said "i think its scabies" and he said yeah. He gave me permethrin 5% and methylprednisolone and i rubbed it all over myself and i havent taken all of the meth yet (is it ok if i mess up the times and stuff on this?) . I can not sleep without waking up involuntarily scratching myself until my body is so hot from the friction of scratching that i feel like im on fire. Also i washed everything with hot water except for the outfit im wearing now which was washed 3 days ago with regular water (is there scabies on it or most likely not??) - also i sleep on the floor with blankets but i did vacuum so is it safe? please answer im really scared and i have mental health issues and this is making me terrified.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear fart73667

That is exactly what my Dr said to me!! She never did a skin test, just glanced at my legs then prescribed me the medician. Have you itched after your treatment? Just so you'll know you will itch for a few weeks after treatment, and boy did I! Also evidentally the premethrin doesn't take care of the eggs, so in 2 weeks after first treatment you should do another one to get all the eggs that hatched. You gotta make sure all your bedding and clothes are washed in hot water and preferably dried in a hot dryer. I sprayed my mattress, couch, car, all the places I normally sit, with lice spray (it's 100% permethrin!). And make sure when you do your treatment you get all your skin and rub it in. That's how I got rid of mine. So good luck and don't forget you will still itch after your treatment.

• Posted

Try at least for now coconut oil and you can order permetherin 10% on Amazon and add it too sarana I think it's great you will sleep again it's at frys.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.