New to tablets

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Well I went to my doc yesterday as part of my fertility check up's, as we are ttc and he prescribed me the blueys to help bring my weight down. He gave me a bit of advice but I did some research last night online and.... OH MY GOD!!! I was terrified!!

Anyway I also read about people who didn't have accidents and decided I would just have to be really careful.

I took my first one last night after having toast for my evening meal. I've ahd toast this morning with another pill, then just had a ham sandwich and fruit for lunch with another.

So far so good, although I am aware it may take a few days to kick in. luckily I'm off work at the weekend so I'll be home when it does!!

I'll keep reading and posting as this site really encouraged me.

Good luck to everyone and I hope I can stick to it!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

well done so far... keep at it, i just had my 1st weigh in after being on the blueys for just over 3 weeks and i have lost 18lb and 2\" from chest 3\" from waist... this has given me the boost i needed! I have not had any bad effects as yet...

Andrea x

• Posted

wow, 18ibs. That's brilliant, well done you!!! :D

My 1st weigh in is on 5th January, and it's in the morning so hopefully I'll be a bit lighter anyway, lol!

Well I've took the plunge and had a proper evening meal tonight, kept to within 10-15g of fat though. I've also joined MAP today so should get stuff through soon. I didn't realise there was so much fat in egg yolk.

Keep going, good luck.

Shell xx

• Posted

Hi,

thanks for your reply.... i really felt on top of the world but then reality hit and i have another 4 stone to go!!! but the great thing is i am not finding it too difficult (well... at the moment anyway) because i feel there is such great support, not only from my doctor and the hospital but from this forum.... i didnt realise that so many people felt the same way i did.. anyway keep up the good work and hope to hear how your doing.

xx Andrea

• Posted

Hi and Welcome!

Don't feel awful having 4 stone to lose, I have well over 10 stone to lose, and so far I've lost just over 2 stone since September.

I haven't had any side effects to date, just headaches when I first started, these are helped by drinking plenty of water.

I just make sure I stick to a low fat diet, and I don't seem to have any tummy troubles.

May i suggest you ring MAP, the helpline run by Roche, who make Orlistat? They will send you lots of information, and they are very supportive. the number is

[b:51758e1317]08007317138[/b:51758e1317]

You will need the box of Orlistat handy as they ask you the serial number.

Good Luck!

Gill

xxx

• Posted

I wish I only had 4 stone to lose :lol:

I have about 10 to lose to be my ideal weight for my height..but I would be happy at around 15 stone..

I am currently 20 stone 5 lbs..so..it could be worse..(I did start off this year at 23stone 6lbs)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.