New to the blu(ies)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started taking orlistat last Tuesday and since then I have been feeling nauseous and constipated :shock: . I also find it hard eating 10-15 g of fat at meals.

Is this a normal occurence at the start?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have heard a few people saying they become constipated on them, i'm not sure what this is about? Maybe try eating some more fruit? Or ring MAP.

What types of things are you eating for your meals? 15g's of fat permeal is actually quite decent' I can quite easily have a ham sandwhich with low fat spread, a packet of baked crisps and low fat yoghurt which is plenty. I could have a piece of fruit as well if I wished!

Meals on a night time aswell? What are you having for this?

• Posted

i to am finding it more easy to just stick with watching the fat content rather than all the other faddy diets I have done. things are labelled so much better these days which are easier to use and read. weight watchers do lovely cakes which are very low fat so if i am craving for something sweet i will have one of those. Im not a crisp and choc eater so dont have that food in my house. im buying low fat youghurts for my snacks and other stuff but you have to keep an eye on the calorie content to. i have pcos so bread and carbs are not good for me but i have switched from white to wholemeal,have cereal instead of toast,i also bought a george foreman grill which is fab and try not to eat to many potoatoes and fill up on veg. i know its easier said than done but its tough but worth it. i have lost 6lbs since the 8th jan. i have found i am no longer feeling hungry and have loads more energy.

good luck shaz.

• Posted

Thanks for the replys

Im eating a balanced diet, plenty of fruit and veg and have eating start eating fish, which I never done in the past, I can only just about manage 10g of fat at dinner but breakfast and lunch I can only manage about 6g (and thats by trying really hard)

• Posted

I tend to eat less fat in my breakfast and dinner so wanted to eat a little more for my tea but you have to ry and pad your meals out a little more to around 15g's fat!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.