New to the blue tabs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well this is the beging of my JOURNEY lol. I went to the docs tonight as i have gained nearly 5 stone in the space of a year all down to a different tablet I was taking for depression. I had to beg the doctor to give me these and he basically told me that they would just give me an upset tummy and that they would not help me to loose weight. I nearly cried when I got on the scales and discovered that I am over 90kilos. I have always been slim even after having 3 children, this time last year I was 9.7 stones. I have read lots of advice on this forum and am going to start a 3 day low fat diet before I start taking the tabs. I hope this will help me not get some of the side affects. Can anyone tell me what a 5g breakfast looks like really not sure on what foods are best to eat at each meal time. Thanks for any response and good luck to all of you on your weight loss x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have 28g of porridge oats mixed with a toffee mullerlight and a good handful of strawberries and grapes. Total fat 2g. Fills me up to around mid morning, then I will have a lot fat cereal bar, or a small box of dried fruit, apple or anything low fat.

Suprising what you can have as long as its below 5g of fat per 100g.

Porridge is about 8g per 100g but it is good for you so nurse says you can get away with it.

Good luck.

• Posted

[color=blue:1c0b2dcfee]Hi,

I personally found breakfast to be the easiest meal of the day! I usually have a crumpet or two (0.5g each) with a minimal amount of low fat marg, or a bowl of cereal, then around 11, i'll have an apple or a low fat cereal bar... I found dinner to be the hardest meal of the day for me! I like my sausages and stuff!! lol!!

Good luck!! smile[/color:1c0b2dcfee]

• Posted

For breakfast I have a bowl, and it is quite a big bowl, of Fruit and fFbre with Special K and cranberrys. I have Sainsburys/Tescos own skimmed UHT milk but not to much, only just peeking up the side of the cereal, hope that makes sense. I have always preferred drier cereals than having it swimming in milk.

cup of tea

• Posted

Hi there. I just wanted to ask if the anti-depressant you were taking was mirtazepine? I put 30lb on in the first month of taking it and am coming off it now in gradual reductions (the doc failed to mention the fast and furious weight gain. Hmm.)

I was put on Orlistat too this week so fingers crossed for all of us. We'll get there! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.