New to the disease & seeking information

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had two recent flare up with Diverticulitis.    I am now on my third set of antibiotics to try & rid myself of this.

I would like to know if others have the same symptons as I experience.    Of course there is the pain in the lower left abdomin but this latest time we actually thought it was my kidney on the left side the pain was high & under my ribs.   It hurt to breathe.   I had another CatScan (third in 4 weeks).  Not my kidney but the diverticulitis back again!

Has anyone else experienced flu like symptoms?   All over body achy feeling, chills, fatigue, fever?    I find this to be the hardest to cope with.    I find it hard to believe that a person could feel so ill from this throughout the whole body?

Any other information would be appreciated.

My diet is my next concern as soon as I am well again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi 

i have not personally had flu like symptons 

others may have ,,,

i set a diverticular video i hope it could help 

you other ways,,it is on youtube 

called 

My Diverticulitis:-Treatment!

good luck

• Posted

Hi Sharon

What you are describing reminds me of my 1st attack many years ago.  Diverticulitis is an infection/inflammation and chills/fever often happen with infections.  Also the medication does have severe side effects.  I feel lousy when I take then, and for a couple of weeks afterwards - just totally drained and can't be bothered with anything.

Hopefully you will start to feel better after a couple of weeks, although the pain can linger for some time.  You should be on a liquid diet with no fiber at present.  This can also make you feel lethargic - and hungry!  As you recover soluble fiber can be reintroduced.  There are lots of posts here with suggestions on food.  You will need to find out what suits you best - we are all different.  Best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you for your response Felinia.    It is good to have support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.