New to the forum.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 39 year old man and I have been suffering from HS for 10 years now, but just got a diagnosis a few months ago due to both embarrassment and incorrect diagnosis. I am happy I found this page so I can get a little support. It started in one arm pit and quickly took the other one along with my groin.

I have a couple questions. What do you use to cover an oozing abscess? I know we shouldn't use anything that will stick to it, but everything else just falls off. I have an especially hard time with an abscess that is very close to my scrotum.

What do you do about the pain? I've been applying hot compresses, but that only marginally helps.

Thanks for you support

Jack

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jack

I made homemade pads w a container of hemorrhoids medicated pads, added T tree oil, Vit E oil, eucalyptus oil. I only got large round make cotton pads and nonstick bandage tapes. The hemorrhoid pads socked w above concoctions on the skin the cotton pad outside and tape. It is soothing and healing.  I hope it helps you. 

• Posted

Ok so I got everything you mentioned and put it all together. However, the location of this abscess is giving me difficulty. It is partially on my scrotum. No matter how I try to wrap it, it either won't stay on or is even more uncomfortable. I tired around either leg and around the package but nothing is good... Any suggestions?

• Posted

Hi

How about a thin sticky  sanitary pad.  Put the mix on the pad and use it in your underwear ?

• Posted

I will pray for healing. I am also working with - liquid turmeric - add to water

- organic sulphur supplement

- lysine

- biotin

If the pain is bad and you  have insurance - see if your doctor will drain it and give your Cottizone shots for pain.

Wash with oxyclean or other antiseptic, sulphur soap.  Ask doc for clindamycine - topical drying cream.

Last but not least believe  - the power of mind and the healing power of the body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.