new to the forum; but not HS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Im a 26 year old male who has been living with HS since I was about 14, I was diagnosed two years ago. I've only had symptoms in the groin area as of yet and am afraid of it progressing. I wonder if it will progress to other areas if it has remained in this region for the past 12 years?

My flare ups typically last a few weeks; I am on apo-doxy 100mg right now, and I see another bump forming. Does this mean its not working for me? I have been using clindamycin topical solution on my bumps whenever they appear and that seemed to help until recently, so i saw an MD to get some doxycycline. I am waiting to see a dermatologist again, but the wait list is long.

Once I get off the doxycycline in a week, I plan to pursue some natural remedies. I was thinking Vitamin A, D, Zinc and Turmeric.

Can someone help with the progression question and maybe some of their experiences with these supplements?

Thank you so much

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, I've had it in my groin area for the last 25 years, I'm 39, female.

I use iodine scrub soap or normal iodine. Zinc salve, for diaper rash.

Anti-acne facial wash.

Magnesium baths, with magnesium flakes.

The next not perse for HS:

Zinc supplements, magnesium supplements, L-Carnitine.

I think Zinc and L-Carnitine are helpfull for me for HS.

And no chocolate milk bars or I have bumps and outbursts!

Nothing the doctor gave me helped.

I also tried CBD balm, but no improvement. Cannabis salve with THC helped a little.

• Posted

my son (12) has has HS for 4 years now. he has been on doxycyclin, clindamycin and rifampin together. now he is on Humira 40mg every 2 weeks. the last derm appointment his dr added a ZINC supplement and clindamycin solution (comes in a bottle like a bingo dabber- so easy to apply). it seems to combat any new spots that start. his spots appear on his bum (cheeks) and groin. one appeared on his chest and he had 2 on his face a few years ago. Humira has been the only drug that has even touched the HS for results. he seems to be tolerating it very well. i dont know if any of that info is helpful or not, but it may be comforting that you are not alone.

Terra, mom to Nicholas

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.