New to the Forum - week 2 on Orlistat

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all! I thought I would post to introduce myself. Been taking oralistat for almost two weeks so far. Week one was a breeze- thought I was lucky with no bad side effects and some decent loss. Then I ate badly one week in and it gave me truly awful side effects for days after. Even though it was only one slip up I'm still paying the piper. I would appreciate any top tips for keeping the fat down! Xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley!

?Glad to see we`re quite a few newbies here now. Welcome to us all wink

?Happy to hear you haven`t had the worst side effects....first week that is wink So now you know what it`s like....and probably won`t do that again?

?Anyways, congrats on your weightloss first week. How much did you lose and how much are you planning on losing?

?Can`t give you any top tips for keeping fat down really, I`m a newbie too, but hopefully someone will tell... Oh, I`ve changed my cooking a bit actually, from pouring oil into it all, I`m now using a 1 calorie-spray. It`s a huge saver smile

?Good luck on your next weigh-in!

• Posted

Hi Ashley! What was your slip up - anything nice?!

My only tip really is using low or non fat versions of food like butter and cheese. Also I've been having pretzels to replace my savoury cravings and chewy sweets which are low or no fat. How much have you lost so far?

• Posted

Hi Ashley welcome to the forums which are normally a hive of activity!

If you're looking for meal ideas search this site for orlistat healthy eating guide & you'll find a Norfolk hospital produced do's & don't s guide with a 4 day meal planner.

I love porridge with skimmed milk & frozen berries for breakfast as its low fat, full of fibre & filling. Lunch is often soup with lentils or maybe small pasta shapes in (I love curried chicken soup with lentils) with fruit & yoghurt. Dinner could be turkey chilli or bolognese, cottage pie, enchiladas. I always make sure I have 50% of my plate as salad/veg. I love a meringue nest with fruit & yoghurt or some low fat rice pudding with fruit for dessert too. I have lost 2st 1lb in 10 weeks :-)

Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.