New to the programme!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

I have my first session with the Doctor on friday where i will be given the pills to start taking.

The DR mentioned the pills to me a couple of weeks ago and after reading through the all the posts you have logged i must admit i'm finally thinking \"this might actually work for me\"

So thank you :D

I do have some reservations though - i have struggled to lose wieght for the past three years and i'm not sure why, i havent recently had a baby or anything like that, my weight has just kept piling on,but for three years i have only been able to lose and then gain again the same 5-7 lbs.

I know everyone has probably said this at some point but my eating habits arent that bad at all - i'm at a loss as to where i am going wrong - i always keep a food diary so i can monitor my intake - i walk the dog twice a day, i have a job that keeps me moving around and i go to the gym three nights a week. As far as i understand the pills will only help you lose weight if you actually able to lose eg you lose 2 lbs and they help you lose and extra 1lbs - but what if you struggle to shift that 2lbs.

Am i making sense or just waffling - its all very daunting to me and i just feel already like this is my last hope and chance to shift the weight i want it so much to work.

All help greatly appreciated - thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lindsey -

I am pleased to read your post.. Coz I am in just the same position.

I work out HARD 5 days a week, swim 2 nights a week and don't eat all that bad.

I have slowly gained 3 stone over the last 4 years and even with my work out regime (which I started last June) I have lost a pound or two, only to gain it back.

So, it will be 8 weeks ago next Monday that I started taking the pills. After 4 weeks my Doc weighed me in 5lbs lighter and I think I am set to have the same loss at this coming appoinment.

I asked for the pills as a little boost and I can honestly say its made a world of difference!! I feel so so so much happier with myself now I am seeing an improvement. Inches have come off and my clothes feel different already!!

I may not be losing as fast as some people on here, just as you may not, but its nice to be not staying the same!! This positive, this will work!

I wish you the best of luck in this adventure!!

Yorky xx

• Posted

Yorky,

Thnak you for the response - it fills me with some confidence, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out and i'll keep posting updates :D

Lindsey x

• Posted

Lindsay it's like reading about me - lol - I have been overweight for 10 years now, I quit smoking and then it just piled on slowly but surely sad.

Last year, I joined a class which weighed you and then followed an exercise class, I lost the first half a stone quite easily (as always) and then I think I get cocky. Up a lb, down a lb it took a year for me to lose a full stone. I decided i needed to change, so I joined a gym and went to the doctors to go on orlistat. By the time i went to the 2nd nurse (the first nurse didn't like orlistat) i'd put on half a stone (yes, going to the gym 3 times a week). The 2nd nurse gave me encouragement and was told to lose 4 lb to be put on the pills. When I did lose the 4 lb (5 weeks later) it still only took me to just over that stone.....

I have to say I was hoping for a miracle as you can see if you have read any of my previous posts, but it is coming off, slowly.

My first weigh in tomorrow which the nurse has said i need to of lost 4 lb......

The only thing I am determined to do, is not give up. It is going in the right direction and although I don't lose it quick I think to myself that I lost a stone last year, and it hasn't gone back on. I am now trying to lose another one and then another and so on and so on.

I love this forum, because we are all in the same boat, some lose weight quicker than others, we all have the same hurdles.

And there is always loads of advice if you need it.

Good luck and it WILL work.

smile

Em

• Posted

Disney - thank you for the response, i cant believe how much support there is on this forum its really amazing.

Goodluck for tomorrow i'm sure you will have got the magic 4lbs and maybe even more, a gradual loss of something every week instead of all in one go will keep you feeling positive that its working.

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.