new to the site. any help appreciated..all input a help..

Posted , 6 users are following.

so....here i am just over a year into this new life...

let me go back a few months if i can..i live where there are ticks..in ontario canada..i found a couple on me ..not attached..but removed and killed them and any i found on my dogs..

didnt think any more about them..when all of a sudden one day there was this bruise like mark on inside of forearm ..left...and it stayed..and got bigger..i sort of obsessed over it...where did it come from what did i do to myself...and because i have a few health issues i kept it to myself thinking ...they are going to think im a hypochondriac..i mean its just a mark on my arm..well i got ill..nauseous..tired..stomach issues..just unwell...so i went to the dr..had some blood work done..and xray of stomach ..i was impacted..yeah ...that is what i thought..yuck!!..but while i was there i showed him my arm..he laughed it off..said it was nothing..we all get marks on our body...EXACTLY what i was worried about..so i just left..that was in the fall...a few weeks later there was a couple more on upper arm and on upper right arm...like wth....so i went back..after the holidays...a few months after original appt..showed him the patches on my arms...which by now were on my hips...stomach...legs...oh yes it was spreading..so when i went in i was abrupt..said remember that patch ...we didnt need to worry about..well now we worry...he got on to an internist..emerg appt..was in within a couple weeks..he had no idea..and was sent for lyme testing..which was neg..

went back to dr..said do something find someone who can figure it out..

found me a derm..was biopsied last april..came back granuloma annulare interstitial variant...

I am covered from breast down to panty line aroulnd waist up back ..over buttocks..back and front of upper legs..both arms...i have at last count well over 60 patches of differing size and shape..some size of finger nail to size of palm...

was put on the steroid ointment ..3 weeks on 1 off..for a few months ..went back he wants me on plaquenil..and im not sure...i have eye issues..clouding ..vision straining ...and i suffer headaches..incl migranes for years...other health issues over the last ten years....restless legs..bad...on mirapex...high bp...couple diff meds....ibs....and gout...was put on allupurinal...i just found out that this could be connected to allupurinal...

help...the medical people dont seem to know much about this thing called granuloma anulare...why...why is there not more info..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

its not life threatening that's why it's not much if a medical priority. ive had it for about 7 years. I'm a 57 year old woman from New Jersey. It started as two small patches on my feet and over the years it has spread. i had some luck taking a combo of three antibiotics ROM, from my dermatologist but after a year it came back with a venegence. About three months ago I started applying oils two times a day. The redness is very reduced and the patches are getting smaller but its certainly not over night. You should avoid any cortozine shots or creams bc it ruins the collagan in your skin. I got some if this advice on this site. So keep checking as more people respond.

I mix coconut oil and aloe vera gel in equal parts and apply on marks on the morning. This is supposed to get rid of stretch marks after 12 weeks, works well!

then i mix equal parts black seed oil and jojoba oil and apply at night. if you do try please let me know how you make out. Good luck!

• Posted

hi Debbie, i am 71 yrs old and have had this skin disorder since 2000. i have found that prednisone does arrest it but it comes back. i had an incident in May of this year and was put on prednisone once finished i had another incident (allergic reactions) on top of that dose i was put on another dose which lead to a double dose of the prednisone. it completely took my GA away for 6 monthes. believe me if i thought taking that prednisone twice in a row for 2 times a year would keep me clear the whole year , i would do it.

i am now beginning to break out again and it makes me so mad. my legs bother me more than anything. it is embarrassing. no creams work, for me nothing.

• Posted

I have had GA now going on 40 years. never been able to fix it. I have been taking MSM now a couple of months, I take 2 tsps in hot water every morning, and made up an oil with almond oil which has msm and emu oil in it, and I use that every night. so far... I think they are fading, and the new ones that I had started getting seem to have stopped growing.

whether this is my imagination or not I dont know.. I will keep everyone posted as to what happens with them

• Posted

HI DEBBIE i sympothise witheverything you have gome through and would just like to say my journey was just the same i went to my doc and was treated for ring worm then sent to a dermatologist she froze the rings on my hands and arms they did dissapear after the skin bubbled up and the healed. I then had other outbreaks on my arms then more apeared i returned to docs who sent me to a private dermatoligist who put me on virous medication which didnt make any differance then finally he put menon a course of tablets that are given to people with Leprocy which made me really poorley i thought i was going to die apparently the tablets i was on were depleting my white blood cells that is why i felt so ill if it hadnt been for the vigilance of a locam doc i dread to think what would have happened she rang told me i needed iron tablet immediatly and when i recovered i awore i would w

only read peoples stories and wait for anpossitive result. I DONT CARE NOW WHAT PEOPLE THINK I HAVE IT ALL OVER MY BODY NOT MY FACE THANK GOD BUT I JUSY EXSPLAIN WHAT IT IS AND NOW I HOPE ONE DAY THERE WILL BE A GOOD RESULT? GOOD LUCK

EVE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.