New to this.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I'm 46 and have not long been on Hrt. I seem to have loads of symptoms. Just lately I have been struggling with fatigue, dizziness, anxiety, and generally feeling unwell. Does anyone have tiredness to the point you feel that all your energy is zapped and generally feeling low.

Thanks in anticipation for your replies

Helen

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Helen - Have you tried B6 150 mg per day. One of the lovely ladies on this website suggested it & it has really helped me!
    • Posted

Thanks Barbara. I will discuss with the doctor when I see them on Thursday. Sooo glad I found this forum.

Helen

• Posted

Hi Helen - I also take Osteocare tablets which have D3/Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc I take these in the evening & an extra D310ug in the morning.

Magnesium is for muscle pain & D3 is for bone pains. They really work. Good Luck at the doctors! X

• Posted

Have your doctor check your Vitamin D levels. Mine were depleted as i started peri. I feel absolutely terrible. This gives you all the symptoms you mentioned and can often be confused by doctors who put you on antidepressants etc to control your depression and anxiety.
    • Posted

Hi suzyjar.

I am at my doctors on Thursday for blood results so I will discuss vitamin levels. I have read about B6 and B12 but not read much about D. Thanks for the tip. I am already on antidepressants. I have been on them for 14 years and get fed up with doctors putting everything down to depression. I feel as if I have been going round in circles for years, so being peri is at least an answer to my symptoms.

Thanks again.

Helen

• Posted

hi helen...i've had loads of symptoms as well, most notably dizziness/feeling off-balance, fatigue, perceived muscle weakness, shakiness in my limbs, headaches, heart palpitations (you name it, i've had it!)...had a bunch of tests (bloodwork, MRI, ECGs (8 of them!), eye tests, etc) and all clear. my doctors have been putting it all down to anxiety, but i'm more and more convinced that it's related to perimenopause...i'm having another round of bloodwork done tomorrow and (depending on those results) am considering HRT....it's been a frustrating eighteen months, but i've found some comfort on this website...everyone is very supportive...best of luck with your doctor visit tomorrow....keep us posted smile
  • Posted

My iron is on the low side which can lead to crippling tiredness so I would suggest getting your iron levels tested as well
    • Posted

Hi Helen

blood full tests always good to have 

that will include iron ( ferritin levels )

jay x

• Edited

Hi Helen

sounds like peri symtoms, but your HRT will take time to work.. 

your hormones will be boosted and be all over the place and be like this for possibly up to three months while they settle .. ior even longer .. 

which HRT are you on 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay.

I started on elleste duet 1mg three months ago. Last Tuesday the doctor doubled it to 2mg. Will this take time to adjust in my system? How soon will I feel the benefits? Sorry for all the questions but I am new to this and am so glad to realise that I'm not alone.

Helen. x

• Edited

Hi Helen

yes it will take time to adjust again, 😒

consider a good Mega B 100 complex ( with 100mg B6 in ) holland and barret.

not only is it a must for natural peri but also assists HRT absortion 

jay xx

• Posted

[The letter B, spelled out in fruits and vegetables.] Everyone needs B-vitamins for good health.

Without them we can suffer from a variety of serious ailments.

For a woman going through perimenopause, B-vitamins can be essential for effectively managing symptoms.   

Adrenal fatigue, for example, is a common secondary condition for many women going through perimenopause.

B-vitamins support healthy adrenal function, along with calming and maintaining a healthy nervous system.

Many women also suffer with mood swings during perimenopause.

Both B12 and B6 vitamins aid in the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, a key brain chemical needed to stabilize moods and promote feelings of wellness and contentment. 

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. 

Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause.

It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

B6 also assists HRT absorption ..

consider at least 100mg B6 daily or a complex of B's containing 100mg B6.

Jarrows B12 5000mcg.. the higher the mcg the better 

• Posted

Yes Helen!!! Absolutely!! It comes from nowhere and is so frustrating and upsetting when all you want to so is get on with things.  What I can say is it will change  it did for me.  I went through months of horrendous fatigue, imbalance & feeling totally worthless to myself and family but that's a year down the line and I am now left with anxiety ( although it's getting better slightly ).  Hit flushes not as bad and the occasional burst of imbalance/ dizziness/ not standing for long periods of time.  I am on Sertraline 50 mg a day which has bend a huge help as HRT was not for me.  I take B6 vitamin too 100mg daily.  This site has been my life line and the ladies totally listen and understand what we go through .... You hold tight and remember nothing stays the same ... Big hugs to ya xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the advice from everyone. I am overwhelmed at the response from you lovely people.

Thanks again

Helen.x

• Posted

Helen 

your very welcome 

and stay positive hun 

your not alone .. 

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.