New to this

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there I am a male almost 48 gay and have sevral medical conditions fibromyalgia etc etc then nov last year over night started bleeding gp arranged cons appt at hosp but for 10 wks away another gp rushed it through dec last yr 2014 had flex sig and 8 biopcies painful or what 24hrs of ouch!  thinking cancer I was in a state so after chasing results at hosp cons sec said no cancer but Proctitis! + they will make appt to see me in clinic!  Then no one tells me gp were sent script for pentasa supps 1g nocte! good job I am a nurse so started them 9 days ago thought was getting a bit better for 2 days then today day 9 back to same old.

I have had no advice/support etc for this, and after my flex sig done by a nurse, have not even seen cons they say will be seen in due course and to continue use of supps till seen in clinic.

Can I just thank ALL of you for all the posts I know they are 1yr old BUT for me I feel I am not alone!  I almost cried when I read them and rather than feeling s**t scared etc I felt phew other folk men/women etc in the same boat.  Not sure where/what will come my way but these posts have been so helpful and supportive reading.  Many thanks R x 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi RJ

My name is Jon and my wife Marie is suffering with UC having read what your going through, I would advise you to book an appointment with the consultant that deals with your case, this can be arranged through the PALS service at the hospital.

They would tell you all the facts and advice that you need to know.

I wish you all the best of luck with this and would urge you to keep us informed of your progress on this.

Thank you

Jon and Marie 13689

• Posted

Hi Jon

many thanks for this I hope your wife is in remission and keeps well and will keep you informed Cheers R smile

• Posted

Hi RJ

Thanks for your reply Marie is finding things a bit easier due to her medication but not fully settled yet.

Yes please keep in touch cheers

Jon and Marie 13689

• Posted

Hello!! And welcome! My post was only posted just at the start of this year 2015 so please read through all the threads!!smile

I am so sorry to hear your one of the unlucky ones that has been diagnosed! I, myself have also been diagnosed with UC but I had convinced myself it was the dreaded cancer! In hindsight I am delighted with the result I was given. Ok it's not the best but everyone who has had this can appreciate we all do think the worst and I'm always telling myself it could be much worse!

Come on here and any questions you have there is. Always someone to help you or advice! As one of my commenters told me it's always the negative of UC that people are reading

It's definitely mentally challenging having this and you need to focus on your mind state too.. That's more than half the battle!

I hope you are not in too much pain and bot bleeding too bad! Take care

• Posted

Hi Millie

thanks for this, it sure is good to have others in the same boat who understand what it's like smile  I agree a good mind state does wonders, I hope your doing well, hugs R x

• Posted

I think the thing is a lot of people DONT understand it!

Sounds like you've been through the mill but you must talk to someone.. Keeping this to yourself and not having anyone won't do you any good and can make the symptoms worse. As I have said in previous posts I'm sooo lucky I don't suffer from aloy of pain or else I'd have been to the doctor sooner! However from what could have been mild UC is now Moderate and I've only myself I blame!

I hope your feeling better reading and I'll alway be here xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.