new to this

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I'm trying to figure out if I'm having anxiety "attacks". In a nutshell the last few months I have been in and out of the ER. Always the SAME symptoms, tight chest, tingling sensations in my arm, tight throat and definitely light headed. I'm ALWAYS thinking I'm having a heart attack. I have a constant worry of health issues if I feel one little pain. I Google EVERY pain or symptom I have.

This evening I drove my girls to dance class. I thought for sure I'd pass out. My chest was tight and i felt dizzy.

I'm just hoping Someone can help me shed some light on this. I go to my doctor on Tuesday. I just have to talk to him about this.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Those are anxiety symptoms, for me anyway. I've been through that also. The tight throat is the worst. Discussion with your Dr. About options. Relaxation is the key.
    • Posted

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out, "how did I get here?" It's scary but glad I have found this site Now I know this isn't just me, that I'm not losing mind.
  • Posted

These are all the symtpoms of anxiety/panic attacks. I have been having them alot lately and it feels like your dying. They are the scariest things to go through and you think something serious is wrong. I too google everything, every ache pain sensation and it makes me feel so much worse and convinced I have some terrible disease. I have been really bad for the last 2 months from googling symptomssad now I have to stop myself and whenever I want to google I read about anxiety and panic attacks ONLY. Good luck, it's really hard I'm still trying to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone says it will get better and I am hoping
    • Posted

Thanks tracy96313. It's very scary. But at least I know that these symptoms are Real. Good luck to you as well.
    • Posted

The symptoms are real, but they are not what you think they are. Feels like a heart attack, but it is not your heart. Anxiety is a cruel thing. Do seek help and get this under control. Me?! 2 1/2 years with this and it came out of nowhere. Get help
  • Posted

Get the book cbt for anxiety so you can learn now early on whats going on and the tools to manage it. Bery important to learn how to properly breathe through anxiety. You belly breathe not chest breathe and it will calm your body down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.