New to this

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All, I was diagnosed in December after almost bleeding out. I was misdiagnosed with Diverticulitis  several years ago. i have now been on my steriod medicine and Lialda for over 90 days. i am still experiencing pain on both the left and the right side. My appointment for my follow up is tomorrow, what questions do i need to ask is this normal??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Sorry to hear that you have crohns. Have they done a scope to see what caused the blood? I think you should ask for tests to be done.
    • Posted

They did do a scope and were able to stop the bleeding however my pain is not going away with the meds I have gone gluten-free drastically changed everything about my life style and I don't seem to feel any better just wondering if there's a certain time period that it typically takes for meds to work or if I need to talk to him when I go today about changing my meds
  • Posted

Hi Yazz.  Whya re you going gluten free - do you have Coeliacs as well?
    • Posted

No I do not but it was suggested by someone who I am close to that has severe crohns it has definitely helped i feel better for the most part
  • Posted

Ah okay.  How did the follow-up appointment go?
    • Posted

Not good I am not responding to the meds like I should be started prepping for humara? Don't know if I spelled that right doing some more test to make sure the rest of my organs are functioning the way they are supposed to feeling pretty beat down..but this to shall pass
  • Posted

oh dear, well I hope it does pass.  90 days on medication that doesn't work sounds frustrating.  Chin up, keep pushing for answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.