new to this any advice xx

Posted , 4 users are following.

Wat will i feel like n wud i wake up to my baby

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It is different for everyone, Donna. Some people sleep like a rock and others,not as much. The lower the dose the more likely you will sleep sounder. As to what you will feel like, well, that varies, too. I didn't notice much change. Wish I could help more.
  • Posted

I agree with Cathy.  It really does depend on the person.  I sleep ok on it but am never drowsy the next morning.  It's helped sleep and anxiety but not my depression.

Other people find it very sedating and great for their depression.  You'll just have to try it to see how it affects you.

Take care.  Gen

• Posted

Hi Donna

What dose are you on ?

I was put on 15mg to start with

Then 30mg in both cases I was knocked out . The drug didn't agree with me so I had to cease taking it

Everyone is different it may help you

It may not only time will tell

For me it made me sleep

For its general purpose anxiety / depression I can't give an accurate account

Only because the side effects outnumbered

The benefits . I only lasted roughly 2 months

Have a look at the leaflet that comes with the meds

Regards daz

• Posted

Hi all im on 15mg not took yet bit scared as had allergic reaction to sertaline n citalapram dnt want same happen on this x
  • Posted

Hi

I agree with Gen and Kathy.  Mirtazapine helps me to sleep.  Unfortunately, 8 have alsoz put on 2 stones in weight.  The only advantage is that I do sleep, but it has no effect during the day.  I am on. 1 x 40 mg tablet of Propanol and 3 x 2 mg Diazepam during the day to try to cut down the anxiety.  Some days it works, others, I feel like hell.  They do cut down on the palpitations and anxiety - immediately, I waken, it's like a light bulb has,been switched on and the palpitations and,anxiety start.  The odd thing is that by about 6 pm, it gets better so that by the evening, I feel "normal".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.