New to this forum 2 weeks on celexa.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, recently prescribed Celexa for anxiety. 2 weeks in. Started at 10ml for 6 days now on 20 ml for a week. What can I expect in the weeks to come. Anything to help with the initial side effects? Any words of hope and

Support greatly appreciated.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

In the weeks to come you may experience no side effects at all or you may devolp some mild ones.

If your two weeks in I assume your over the hump and as far as how to deal with side effects I found taking it at night helped me sleep through them lol.

I think Celexa is great it never eliminated my anxiety but it definitely reduced it and allowed me to see things more rationally. I mean I went on a cruise man and I'm terrified of drowning lol.

Some people on this site only really come to this site when they're having trouble so it's hard to find a lot of positive stuff but take everybody's opinion for what it is and don't let other peoples experiences scare you away.

They usually take about 2 weeks to notice posituve effects and can be 4 weeks for full effects but they can be sooner or later. Everybody's different.

Good luck on your journey.

• Posted

Thanks so Much! I find mornings are the worst for me. Hopefully this will improve soon. I have absolutely no appetite, does that improve? Also kind of weird headaches that come and go. Easy to get freaked out. Can't wait for the next few weeks to go by. Sometimes difficult to keep things normal on the outside at work when on the inside I am struggling so much. You are certainly correct about taking at night. Within 30 minutes I am asleep for 7 or 8 hours.

Again thanks for you reply. Very appreciated!

• Posted

My appetite came back strong when it did but before then I was eating stuff that went down easy just to keep my strength up.

That was gone by the end of the first months.

The random headaches could be from stress and tension I had it too but never thought it was a side effect i figured it was from stress.

• Posted

Thanks! I am trying to do the same. Glad to know appetite comes back I am a small girl to begin with. Need to force myself to eat most days. Thx for your help. Counting down the days!
    • Posted

Eventually you'll stop counting days and you wont even notice.

Good luck.

• Posted

That's Hopeful! Today was a tough one. Doing some business travel, long flight and meeting where I had to be on my game. So damn hard. Sheer will power to get thru the day. Exhausted!

• Posted

I really like celexa I have tried pretty much all of them,  you 20 is a good amount it takes a few weeks to kick in,  it an up taker so you will find you have more energy and get less irratated by certain things that may of bothered you in the past.  It's also much easier to discontinue than others like Paxil or pax hell as some call it.  The dr should warn you that if you stop taking the drug you will get electric brain shocks or zaps that may last for weeks some people it lasts a life time.  Also this drug interferes with many medications.  Look up med interactions.  

• Posted

Thanks Pam, I am taking BP med and a beta blocker. I will check with my pharmacist. He seems to know more than my doctor when it comes to meds. Great advise much appreciated. I just hope I start to feel better soon. Tired of the morning crazy anxiety. Want my life back 😣

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.