New to this. Reflux?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have suffered from IBS for over 10 years that had progressively gotten worse. I would have what seems to be acid reflux flare ups once a month for a few days where I would just burp constantly and feel nauseous. However, for the last week and a half, I started off with diarrhea one day and then the rest of the week I have been burping nonstop (feeling like they were trapped, airy burps that cant get out), I have chest pressure, nausea, weight loss, pressure in the bottom of my throat, anxiety, and I feel like when I eat, the food isnt going to my stomach the way it once was. It almost feels like it gets stuck in my chest because I used to bloat everytime I eat. Now i just feel an empty feeling in my stomach when I eat and the constant burping.

Has anyone had symptoms like this or advice? I've been taking 1 pepcid a da, but it doesnt seem to help. I'm seeing the gastro tomorrow. I have had a normal endoscopy years ago but I'm worried something new might be wrong now. I feel out of it and just sick all of the time.

Thanks in advance!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You're doing the best thing by consulting the gastroenterologist. Hope your mind will be set at rest.

• Posted

I would definitely consult your gastro for sure. I take a supplement though for my aches and pains and it actually got rid of my reflux too. I can send you some info on it if you're interested. 

• Posted

Hello

then you should make an appointment  to go back and see your doctor and explain how your feeling lately and how much its causing you discomfort, you should ask to have another endoscopy, also mention the other problems your experiencing like with the feeling your getting when burping and what happens when your food is in the back of your throat, please explain everything to your doctor again and make sure you get it all sorted properly ok ?good luck and let us all know.

• Posted

Thank you for the kind response! I'm hoping to get everything sorted out. Fingers crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.