new to this site and 4 days in to fluoxetine

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all

i am new to this site and im am in to my 4th day on fluoxetine and for the first three days i had an almighty head ache it has eased off a bit now , im full up with a cold , very jittery , i feel that i need to do something but i dont know what are these the side effects and how long do they last ( now i know how my son feels who has ADHD )

thanks mum2jord

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hiya mum2jord :cheerup:

welcome to the machine mum2jord :mrgreen: you've come to the right place, there's plenty of info here, so it's a good idea to have a browse and there's plenty of peeps that will help and give support :ok:

as regards side effects fluoxetine (prozac) is about the best there is when it comes to side effects (that is lack of um :wink: ) but were all different so there's no hard and fast rules im afraid :? :wink:

if you have any questions or concerns :huh: just fire away, it's a long roller coast ride to a full recovery, so just try and relax and enjoy the ride lol :shock: don't do too much, avoid stress like the plague, be a tad shelfish and be kind to yourself, don't beat ya self up if ya can't do stuff, 'listen' to your body and go with it to a certain extent, don't try and fight it too much, you WILL get better in time, keep taking the pills as they say in the trade lol :doctor: :whistle:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

hi ken

thank you for the welcome , i found it very hard to relax before i started the tablets now i find it twice has hard and i feel as if i need to be on the go all the time , as for stress its the school hols and my son is home who as ADHD amongst other things so he is boucing from one end of the room to the other and at the moment im joining him:run: :lol:

thanks

mum2jord :D

• Posted

nice one missy :ok:

if we cant beat um join um :wink: go easy on the booze :cheers: give the nipper a backhander from me, you have my permission :doctor: :mrgreen:

ADHD pffffffffffffft piece of cake, whata bout the ADULTS, i told ya be a tad selfish trust me i know these things :mrgreen: :whistle:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~ grrrrrrrrrrrrrr geta grip lol :cheers: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

nice one sister :ok:

it beats the crap outa being depressed lol :shock: :wink: go for it enjoy yeh (i mean with the nipper) :wink: dont do tooooooooooo much as i said, be kind to yourself, don't burn yourself out, oki doki, trust me i know these things, honest :roll: :doctor: :whistle: :peace:

take care missy,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :rainbow: :cheers: :rose:

• Posted

hi ken

thanks :ok: :lol: i havent drunk :ale: since my son was diagnosed with epilepsy at 18 months old and he is 9 years old now thank fully he has grown out of it now

take care

mum2jord

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.