New to this site...... Going to doctor tomorrow..... Need advice!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I appreciate any help or suggestions  that can be given.  I am going to a new family doctor tomorrow for a full physical etc.   I am 61 years old and highly suspect that I have thyroid issues.  My tests in the past have been borderline and therefore past doctors have not  given much concern to my issues.  I have had the typical symptoms but on a small scale.  However, the past six months I have experienced extreme issues with being extremely cold, low mood, brain fog, hair loss, lethargic, weight gain, broken sleep patterns,  no drive to do the normal daily activities.  Any suggestions as to how to communicate this to my new doctor without sounding like a hypochondriac....  Also what tests do I need to ask for?  It is my understanding that most doctors don't do a full panel evaluation automatically.  I need to nip this in the bud and get back to the business of living.... 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Get tested for TSH, T3 and T4. And ask to get a copy so you can post them here if you want.

Good luck with the new doc!

• Posted

You have to get the TP O and Tg antibody tests. These will tell you if your thyroid is under attack. Are there any autoimmune problems in your family than those tests should be done pronto bc genetically they are similar. What were your test results?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.