New to uterine fibroids

Posted , 4 users are following.

i just found out that i have 2 fibroids one is very small, the other about 5 cmx 10 cm. i am 46 and never got kids.

I have been told by my do tor that there are various options of treatments by surgery; one that seams less invasive is laparascopy and removal of fibroids without demaging uterus. i dont seam to have any symptoms; and am wondering if anyone can help me to figure out what to expect if i go this rout. i don't want to loose my uterus and am always sceptical to doctors.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

There are lot non invasive treatment that does not involve surgery. I am surprise that the doctors are discussing surgery this so soon especially your fibroid are are not causing you any issues and no symptoms. They are the best fibroids to have. I suggest that you discuss your options with your doctor and there is not harm is ' wait and watch' approach.

• Posted

thank you, thats is my concern indeed, and i will have conversation with the doctor. its been first diagnosed 3 years ago, and looks like the larger one grew bigger within those past 3 years. i will definatelly talk to few doctors before i make the decission.

• Posted

i agree with the other lady - far too soon to discuss removal, in particularly if they are not causing you any problems.

other options are an open abdominal myomectomy which i have had, remove the fibriods but kept all my "bits" - my decision was i wanted to keep my bits. I live in hope! But i know the damage has been done 😃

Get a second opinion, no harm in that!

( from london aged 44 - no children)

• Posted

thank you, going to my doctor tomorrow to evaluate. also found out that there are new hormon medication available that targets specifically fibroids. lets hope and thnx gain for your input 😉. all the best to you as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.