New to wearing glasses/contacts not sure if my script is correct?

Posted , 2 users are following.

It had been 20 years since I last had an eye exam. I had noticed things at a distance were harder to see, digital signs/boards gave me double vision, I was squinting more...so broke down and went to Walmart Vision Center for an exam. They did a quick exam and sent me out to find frames and said farsighted. Gave me a script of:

Left Eye +0.50 -0.50 95

Right Eye +0.50 -0.25 85

I ordered glasses and went on my merry way wearing my glasses all the time. Took some getting used to as I never had any sort of corrective lenses before. Then I decided I wanted to get contacts. So I made and appointment with an actual Optometrist that I take my children to and that was convered by our insurance. With this I got a comprehensive exam that was much more in depth than my Walmart exam and she even did a dialated Eye exam to relax my focusing muscles to get an accurate script. Had lightly mentioned my script was probably more like +1.25 but they were gradually working me up to it? She changed my script from the one I received from Walmart to: 

Right Eye +0.75 -0.50 77

Left Eye +0.75

Bought another new pair of glasses and also got daily contacts that were +0.50 for both eyes to try. The glasses are fine, things look clear for the most part. Distance is still not exactly clear but better. With the contacts in anything close is clear and good but distance is definitely blurry. Could the script for the contacts be wrong? Haven’t had my follow up appointment with the contacts yet. Could I need a stronger script all together? Never really noticed problems up close but did notice issues at a distance but the doctor is telling me I am farsighted? I am completely new to all of this, so I am clueless. Should I have her re-examine me when I do the follow up for the contacts? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Discuss all this at your next appointment . It sounds as though that is the best solution.

hooe all goes well.

• Posted

I plan on it. I swear anytime I get in front of a doctor my mind goes blank and I say everything is fine. 🤦🏼??? She did a comprehensive exam and dialated my eyes so she should have been able to see what’s going on. My issue is I can figure things out in the chart and answer even though it might be blurry. I need to speak up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.