New to Zopiclone

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have just been prescribed Zop 7.5 mg tabs to take one per night. I am currently also on Fluoxitine 40mg daily. Wondering if anyone else is on this combo or can advise me on taking this drug. The Zop is for insomnia. Thank you. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Zopiclone is an addictive drug use it with care and for less than three week max x
    • Posted

Thank you will definitely take you advice. Have an appointment with the doc in 2 weeks. X
    • Posted

Try not to take it every night. Take it one night. Skip one then take it next night.

It should never be used for more than two to three weeks as you can very easily become addicted. It's a classified drug.

Xxx

Glad you are taking my advice xx

• Posted

Thank you will try that. One nights sleep will help.......
  • Posted

Hi there.  I was for many years on Prozac and Zopiclone together, but am now of the Prozac as i dint need them anymore.  I am still taking Zopiclone and have been for many years now.  I felt the combination of the two drugs worked well for me.  Prozac are not addictive and you should notice some improvement in your mood in time. Unfortunately, Zopiclone are addictive, but i cannot sleep without them now.  I only take one a night and that keeps me stable.  Not all drs are willing to prescibe them on a long term basis now that they have been re-classiried. I think that if you suffer from insomnia, then Zopiclone is a good treatment, as long as you dont abuse them. 7.5mg is a good dose, but 3,75mg may do you . Good luck.
  • Posted

Y

you are lucky to be prescribed Zopiclone .  ,After  taking Zopiclone for many years (2x7.5mg) my doctor told me last year  that the Government had  decided that no one needed sleeping tablets and he stopped prescribing them.   You have now exposed him as a liar.  Although I have fouhd some tablets which can be purchased without a prescription, they are not as effective, and my qualityt of life is much reduced.     I now keep a bottle of wine by my .bed to help me sleep on bad nights.  I have never found any adverse effects from taking    Zoplicone, and they were a godsend.     

• Posted

Hi feebs

if i were you i would not start taking them, but if you have take care, as they have made my life a living hell

take care

lisa x

• Posted

Hi Feebs,

i have been on zoplicone on and off for a fews years. 7.5mg is quite high a dose to start with. I would recommend you half this to 3.75mg. Be prepared to have a horrible taste in your mouth, unfortunately one of the side effects. Insomnia is terrible. Sleeping tablets are not the best, but not being able to sleep i think is more detrimental to your health long term. Also, try not to take them every night, as you will build up a resistence to them and they will stop working for you unless you up the dose. Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Hi feebs

I've been taking fluoxetine for 9 years, most of the time taking 40mg although have tried 20mg and 60mg previously.

I've been taking 7.5 zopiclone for 2 years.

No problems with either. As people have said, the fluoxetine isn't addictive but zopiclone is so be careful.

Having found out I am pregnant I've stopped all my medication cold turkey, and the zopiclone withdrawals are not fun.

Insomnia is back worse than it was when I first went on the meds.

I'd just suggest really trying not to be on zopiclone for longer than a week or two - otherwise you'll quickly find yourself in its grip.

Good luck

Sam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.