New toforum I have severe insomia from amitriptyline

Posted , 4 users are following.

be on 10m of amitriptyline and developed insomia after three weeks of taking them of them 8weeks now and still have severe insomia any advice would be very welcome

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi marie.I was on amtrypline for headache and not sleeping. I've been off them for 5 weeks and I still have headache but my sleeping is getting better. At first when I came off them I was only getting couple hours. Now I'm getting 7 hours. Perseverance is the key. Did you wean off the tablets or just quit

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi i had trouble sleeping due to headache. But when I came off tablets I was getting couple of hours sleep. But now getting 5 -7 hours. Coming off the amtrypline is not nice. Your brain is telling you a tablet is due. And this is why u can't sleep. If this carry on go back to doc cause there is nothing worse than not sleeping. I wish you all the best.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

10mg is a very low dose of this medication, for an adult teen I cannot see it being used as a sleeping tablet at this level

The medication is an AD medication, I take 75mg for nerve pain and it can act as a sleeping pill at that level, even this dose is supposed to be moderate for Depression. Try taking this dose about 30mins before bed, it may help you

BOB

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up