New treatment for recurrent BV

Posted , 6 users are following.

New antibiotic passed by the FDA. I just found a new single dose antibiotic called Solosec that was tested to help with recurrent BV

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

I am the OP and I just wanted to share my experience with this new antibiotic for recurrent BV.  I have tried every possible thing to cure my BV to no avail. I happened upon this new FDA approved antibiotic called Solosec.  Good news is that I took it 2 weeks ago and fingers crossed, I have been non-symptomatic.....bad news is that insurance doesn’t cover it yet.  I was able to download a coupon from the pharma company that manufactures it.  I paid $93 out of pocket, but it is a single dose.  I haven’t started my period yet, so this will be the ultimate challenge to see if it works.  But I am quietly optimistic!
  • Posted

I'm going to my doctor tomorrow I think I'm going to ask for this. After all I've done to try and remedy this naturally it comes back every other week still.... I'm just worried about the side effects (i.e. making me sick?)

• Posted

Believe me I understand your concerns...I stopped using flagyll(metro gel) because of what I read on it, plus the fact that it didn’t work.  I have been using essential oils for the past 2 years and that has helped when I became “symptomatic” as using boric acid suppositories.  I honestly happened upon this new antibiotic Solosec and felt like I should at least give it a chance.  I’d say the worst side affects from this was nausea and a metallic taste in my mouth for about 3 days.  I am 3 weeks past taking it and so far I have not had any BV issues!  
    • Posted

Michele how long did it take for you to see improvent with your BV symptoms? I’m going to take the Solosec today but having a chronic case of BV makes me pessimistic. I’m so happy you have found relief! 
    • Posted

I had almost a full month of relief.  But unfortunately I had sex the other night and the all true persistent odor was there afterward.  I treated it with boric acid suppositories and massive doses of fem-dophollis.  So I’m not certain it was effective.  If it does continue, I will try it again.  Out of all the things I’ve tried, this has been the most effective
  • Posted

Ugghh I’m sorry it’s happening again for you. I read on another post that this girl has been trying garlic supplements with the highest number. It’s said to work well. Maybe give them a chance. I just bought them I’m on my 4th day. I hope it works for us ladies. I’m so over it I can’t even sleep peacefully without having bad dreams about it and I feel bad pushing my bf away because I’m scared of it coming back. 
    • Posted

My boyfriend thinks I just don’t like him anymore it’s so sad! We went from passionate 3 times a day to once a week! I’ve been taking garlic supplements and a probiotic for about three weeks now. No luck yet but I’m not giving up. I just finished taking the Solosec with yogurt it’s disgusting! Hoping for some relief.
    • Posted

Solosec is disgusting!!!  That metallic taste will linger for a few days too.  I have made boric acid suppositories mixed with tea tree and lemon Young Living Essential Oils.  It definitely helps when I’m symptomatic.  I insert them and then put in a tampon to keep it all in to do its magic 

• Posted

Hi espy, ugghh Im sorry that sucks because I know what you’re going through. As far as the Solosec, is that something that my dr has to prescribe to me? 
    • Posted

Yes I believe so. Go to the website and you can print out a coupon. It was going to be $70 but I only paid $25. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.