new user

Posted , 2 users are following.

not sure about anything at the moment today is day 2 for me so too early to feel any effects yet .but im unsure whether to continue with the course reading some of the comments .Does it get better ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony

I'm guessing you read my post earlier in the week and hoping you haven't been put off fluoxetine? I did have some bad effects from taking it but am feeling alot better now a complete change from 4 days ago!

Please remember not everyone has the same side effects the main one seems to be feeling sick, headaches & loss of appetite everyone reacts differently.

All I can say is see how you go & stick with it if it feels a bit rough!

Good Luck :D

• Posted

sorry prev post was from me!
  • Posted

i have found that taking co-codamol painkillers greatly reduces most of the side effects for me , the doctor prescribed them to me and said they were perfectly fine to take alongside fluoxetine,i would highly recommend it to anyone suffering tough side effects ,i also think that the doctors should prescribe these alongside fluoxetine as a matter of course, 2x 15/500 four times a day = every four hours, the 15 refers to the codeine content and the 500 is the paracetomol content, depression/anxiety IS PAINFULL
  • Posted

thanks for the support .today is day 7 ,nausea seems to be getting worse and i still feel no better about myself,should i take it upon myself to up the dosage or just tell the doctor they dont work for me ?
  • Posted

Hi, how are they not working?

Do you feel exactly as you did 7 days ago?

What everyone must remember is that these little friendly pills aren't a miracle cure to the way we are all feeling.

They take time to work and by my experience and from reading other posts, can take a minimum of 3 weeks before the user starts to feel a bit of difference in a positive term. The Doctor advised that it may take 6-8 weeks before they're fully in the system.

As well as the pills, it has to be a state of mind the individual has and the wanting to be better, to be happy, to be more positive.

I am starting week 6 and apart from tiredness, everything has subsided. I'm calm, mellow, more laid back, not as anxious or as paranoid anymore and after loosing 9lbs in just over 2 weeks, my appetite has returned.

I personally feel that you shouldn't dictate your dosage, no-one apart from your doctor. Discuss your feelings with your Dr and perhaps ask to speak to a counsellor, someone non-biased.

Please, give these pills time. 7 days is still very early and they'll not be in your system yet. You must persevere as almost everyone posting to this site has, give it time and it will pay off.

Take care, keep as positive as you can and post your feelings on this site. We all help each other.

Ang.

• Posted

ive been taking fluoxetine for 7 weeks and am just starting to feel the effects of them working now ,the waiting time for these to work seems like a lifetime but it does pay off so keep at it, as in my previous note co-codamol is great to ease the side effects, though i dont think upping your dose independantly will make it work any sooner, the body has to go through the =fight or flight stage were the body accepts the drug or keeps fighting the drug hence the initial side effects at the start, upping your dose at an early stage may only increase the side effects feelings
  • Posted

thanks for the advice and support its reassuring to know your out there. Has anyone had the short term memory loss ? or is this not a side effect ? ,maybe just a sign of age ?
  • Posted

Hi Tonykilt,

I think you can safely say it's the pills! :lol: I didn't loose my memory as such, I just became 'dithery' if you know what I mean. I forgot silly little things and what was I doing again etc etc. It took a while to calculate what on earth I was doing!

It does pass even though I'm noticeably slower in everything I'm doing, speaking, walking, actions etc. :oops: Probably good for the driving too as I'm a bit of a road rager and flee about all over the place! I'm just taking my time now which is kind of weird!

You'll be fine, it's all a rollercoaster with a nice big shiney light at the end of it. We'll just all dither together!!

Take care

Ang.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.