New User

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am on my 3rd day and as yet no side effect apart from a bit of wind. I have about 7st to loose and this is what I feel the last chance saloon, Its really nice to read all the great messages and I hope we will all continue to support each other. My family and mates are very good but they don't really understand what i am going through thats why I think this is a fab site. Good Luck and keep the faith!!!!!!!!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alex guest :D :D Welcome. You will be fine, im sure. Dont think of it as a last chance saloon but more like 'OK, ive got nothing to lose but weight' :!: :D How does that sound :?: It sounds damn good to :D me :wink: You just carry on with what you're doing in your own time and let us, on this site, know how you're getting one. WELL DONE YOU for taking this step. BE STRONG!! :D :D :D :D
  • Posted

Thanks for that, and you are right I have got nothing to loose but weight and this morning I weighed myself, I thought it would be a bad idea cos I have only been on the tabs a few days and didn't think I had a lost anything, but low and behold I have lost 8ibs and I am shouting it from the roof tops! :D :D :D :D
  • Posted

Wow that is fab :lol: well done i bet u were well pleased..... keep up the good work that is amazing. I have now been taking orlistat for about 10 days.... i have not weighed myself yet ....... my scales broke when i thrEw them across the room some months ago and never did repace them.... but my clothes a feeling a little more comfortable then before....I have generally been good and exercising 4-5 times at the gym...... Had a bit of a blib yesterday....... but never mind can`t be too hard on our selves we are only human. ...Anyway keep it up and keep us posted about ur progress.... Dal :!: :!: :!:
  • Posted

Hey Hi all

I have weighed myself at the gym today and i have lost 5Ib`s in about 10 days. i was over the moon and a great incentive to continue the healthy eating and the medication.

I am pleased because it is a great achievement for me : smile smile smile

Good luck to all keep up the good work :lol: :lol:

Dal

• Posted

Hiya, I had areally bad experience over the weekend, it started with trapped wind, constipation, feeling sick and a really nasty headache, it was so bad i was thinking about coming of the little blue fellas, but luckily my lovley man gave me some health salts and a couple of dulca lax and by sunday night i was feeling much better and abck o the right track. I don't know if these were side efffect or not and it really worried me :roll: :roll: I thought i had done something really wrong :twisted: :twisted: but apparently it was because I was dehydrated. :hangover: If anyone else has felt poorley like this on the tabs let me know it would be good to get some feedback before I see my doc in two weeks.

On a good note I have nearly lost a whole 14Lb :lol:

Only 6st to go!!!! smile

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would join in on the fun and join the gang.

I am on my first day on the nice looking blue pills, after months and months back & fourth tp the docs about my unexplained weight gain. I have since been diagnosed with PCOD= poly cystic ovarian disease.

Due to this horrible condition I put on over 3st in 18months so I hope these pills help me along with my walking and cycling that I crrently do.

It s great to read your experiences and tips and gave me the confidence to pop my first bluey!!

Thanks and best of luck to me and all of you.

smile

• Posted

I have been diagonsed with the same pcos and have the weight gain problem!!! I have abou 4st to lose and am struggling! Did well the first week lost 3lbs buy went on holiday to prague and had a really bad experience the first day ORANGE OIL!!!! And lots of it! hence I have stopped the tablets for the week I am away!!! Would like to chat moer about pcos as I am trying to have a baby!
  • Posted

Hi

To the two ladies with pcos. If you want to have a private chat, why not join the site instead of signing in as guests :idea: It's free and you can then send private messages to each other or chat via email :!:

PLEASE do not think me rude :x it's only a suggestion.

Sometimes it's hard to find someone to talk to as many people do not understand what you are going through.

I hope this helps.

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

hey I am now a fully fledged member. My accoutn has just been activated!!! thanks for the tip Kal.

Yeah if GUEST wants to chat privately or email then thats fine with me. The PCOS does not get to me on the baby front as I don't want any, but what does get me is the weight that sudden jumped onto my hips, bum, tum. I llok odd as my legs, arms face etc are all slim(ish).

Its great that after going back & fourth to the docs that I am now finally getting help with the weight as its really depressing. Even more so that there seems to be great ppl on here that I can chat to about the same thing and they totally understand.

Wat more could a woman want than another woman we chat chin wag to!!

- I want to find out about this so called nasty \"orange oil\" what the heck is that?

Looked forward to a response.

Talley hoe

Emma

• Posted

Hi shoeandbaglady,

Glad you've OFFICIALLY joined us :D The ORANGE OIL :twisted: you've heard about, is what happens when you eat TOO MUCH fat when on these tabs. It is very smelly and murder to get rid of from both toilet and your undies if you have an accident :oops: There is one lady on here who's been so good that she hasn't had an accident yet :!: I do hope you too can be like her and be spared the DREADED :twisted: ORANGE OIL :twisted: :lol:

Anything else just ask , most of us are still finding our feet on these tabs but I'm sure there will be someone to answer any questions and if not just give some support :D

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Hi All

I too have PCOS and endometriosis and I have been told that I need to lose weight in order to \"relieve the symptons\" and increase my chances of having a baby.

Been on the blue tabs since Sunday and sneakily got weighed last night and have lost 4 Lbs. No orange oil as yet but the cravings are getting bad............pan fried onion and cheese tart 38g of fat!!!! resisted but it has been hard!!!!!!!!

keep smiling and get a good support team round you!!

Best wishes

kirstie x

• Posted

Ok so I'm gonna watch out for this nasty then.

Well its day 4 for me, and I've been cycling to work( 1.5miles) and walking in my lunch break for 30 mins.

the only symptoms I've been experience is the urge to pump all the time but I don't dare in case i touch cloth! oh and on a good note it has been making go to the loo twice a day where before 3 times a week if i was lucky. Sorry if TMI but just thought I'd share my experience! 8)

I've read quite alot of tips on here which are good as my Docs gave me nothing but my prescription. so a big thank you to all of you and best of luck in your quest to be slimmer and more healthier! :D

• Posted

Orange Oil, I've had two accidents, but was home both times, and it's not nice. I actually went out last Friday with an ST in place ready for any accidents......lol.

I've just discovered the fat content in coleslaw, I couldn't believe it, flipping heck, going to have to stick to skinny coleslaw though I really don't like it. Think I'll have to add a bit of my reduced fat mayo to it to thicken it up a bit.

I've lost 8lbs in almost 4 weeks, so really pleased with myself.

xx

• Posted

Sorry to bring up the PCOS thing again but I thought I'd add a couple of words of encouragement. I have suffered from this for the past 6 years or so and was told that getting pregnant would be tough. I dieted (by willpower alone) and as my weight came down, everything kicked back into place. I was pregnant three months later!!!!!!!!

My weight has since gone back up again and my willpower deserted me hence why I started Orlistat 5 days ago. It's going well so far. My husband is on them too. I have about 10/11 stone to lose, he a bit less.

To help combat the hormone/insulin imbalance caused my PCOS, my doc has put me on metformin and they seem to make a difference. For the first three weeks, I felt sick constantly but have been fine since. They may help PCOS sufferers and can be taken with Orlistat.

What a long post for my first ever one. I look forward to chatting with you guys in the future. 8)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.