New white Zopiclone tablets..Anyone else having problems?

Posted , 18 users are following.

Am in New Zealand, and four weeks ago had my old blue Zopiclone changed to the new white ones.

My Chemist did ask if he could relay any issues with this new tablet to NZ health authorities, or should I say he was aksed to prompt patients who had issues with the (and this makes me laugh) possible psychological effects of the tablets being changed from blue to white.

I'm having major issues now, and these tablets are the only drug been found to help with my night terrors and chronic insomnia, but not anymore.

I'm having fitful sleeps, waking up more than usual, and feel like crap.

They say it's the EXACT same ingredients in these white tablets, but I'm not so convinced.

Anyone else having problems?

Cheers sad

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i too have the same problem - also notice the blue ones have ayuk taste and the white ones are tasteless so how can they be the same?
    • Posted

I am from Canada and here the blue ones are 7.5 mg and the white ones are 5 mg. 
  • Posted

Yes they have definitely reduced the strength.  Have been on them for around fifteen years, but last few years I only seem to get five or six hours sleep.  If I try to get back to sleep it just doesn't happen.

it seems they are only designed to last a short time, then Bingo!! I am wide awake.

i am in fhe U,K. Never had the blue ones.

i also notice that generic brands don't work well either.

maybe it's my imagination.

the brand I'm most often given are made by Sanofi.

i am convinced it's a cost cutting thing.

• Posted

I don't know too much about other drugs besides zopiclone, I've never tried them. I've posted a few times a long time ago. I still have not had any problems with zopiclone after 5 years, I follow the prescription. If you take more than you're prescription , of course you'll have problems. Over dosing means ,"Obviousy Dumb".

• Posted

Hi I'm in Auckland and agree. The white ones do not cut it at all compared to the blue ones. I can take one and still not sleep for hours. The blue ones would make me groggy after about 20 minutes. I find I need a stiff drink with the white pill to take any effect at all

• Posted

It's all in the mind!

If you get your Meds from a registered and licensed chemist and the box and blister pack says zopiclone 7.5mg....

...that is EXACTLY what it is. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Don't get me wrong, I've bought zopiclone off a friend of a friend and I was paranoid they were fake so I didn't get the same effect. I then gave one to a friend and didn't mention that I was questioning whether they were reall or not. Once I saw they affected him like they should, from that day on they done me fine.

• Posted

I have two theories what has happened...

**1 they have diluted the strength and left the mg's the same still stating 7.5 mg

**2 there was an active ingredient in the blue coating that they have since removed

Its extremely disappointing peace *

• Posted

I am from Singapore. I used to take the zopliclone 7.5mg BLUE for many years and recently I moved to Europe and was given the zopliclone 7.5mg WHITE.

Tried 1/2 tablet for few nights, felt not able to sleep properly and woke up many times in the night. Decided to take 1 tablet and same problem too. Somehow you will just know that your sleep is never the same like before. I just cannot sleep well as usual with the Zopliclone BLUE and my mind will starts to wonder and wonder itself after 4am.

I do not understand why. So, i decided to goggle is there different between Zoplicone blue and white today. I think i got my answer now! imageimage

• Posted

Well there is something different and i can tell by the colour, either something has been added or taken away. I know that tablets variate in content and that includes tablets of the same name. One olanzapine helps me sleep like a baby, but another version of olanzapine makes me more light headed and not so sleepy.

• Posted

Your message was a few years ago, but my Zopiclone were white and did the job, ie got me to sleep.The one i took last night was pinkish and didnt work. i only take one once a week to ensure i get a good sleep on Tuesday nights, I'm not sure i'll be fully alert today . Whats changed apart from the colour?

• Posted

I am in the UK, I take zopiclone 7.5mg maybe a coupke of times a month. my 7.5mg tabkers are blue, and they are great for helping me sleep. But i also was given new 10mg WHITE zopiclone tablets quite a while ago, and I triend them a few time in the past, and they absolutely do not gave the same overall systemic sleepy effect on me (conpared to the bill pills). and the white pills are meant to be stronger too!

i personally think the blue tablets of zopiclone are superior. both of my doses are generics also...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.