New with LS. Will hemp oil work or help? I really want to use something natural to heal if possible.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just found out that what I've been going through is LS. Im so upset and scared. I want to know if anyone has tried hemp oil and if it worked?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Kimberly, I think most of us seek natural responses to our disease. We use a variety of oils and herbs to keep the area hydrated and protected. That said, I think if you do some research, you will quickly discover that those who fail to use steroids routinely, have a statistically higher incidence of cancer. That's enough for me.

• Posted

I absolutely agree with SnappyCat. Use the steroid ointment. The disease is driven my inflammation and a strong steroid ointment is the best treatment.

• Posted

driven by

• Posted

Kimberly- I have tried CBD oil but found only a slight improvement, mainly in mood. Unlike other LS Suffers, I have had some pain but no itch. Go figure. When I tried the CBD, it was at half strength at first, then moved up to full strength (1 ml dose). The 1 ml dose was necessary to feel anything. If you can get a bottle for not too much $, then I would try it. Won't hurt.

• Posted

Hello Kimberley, I'm so sorry you are feeling scared.

When you first find out and google LS, it frightens the life out of you. Those images and stories are online because they are the more traumatic situations. But there are also many many people whose LS , becomes a background feature in their lives.

I used to have raw skin that would look papery and tear. I also had the odd white patch. I have not anything remotely like this since I began this following routine.

Not all natural oils are equal. But I tried several of the most promising with no real luck. Vitamin E, Hemp, coconut, etc but the game changer for me was not so much in using them but in rinsing them off!

Smearing the oil on and leaving it could sometimes worsen the situation, but massaging a little in proved essential, then lightly rinsing it off with plain water, and finish with a pat dry. Seems a waste doesn't it? But it worked , for me..

I do it at least 4 times a day. It ensures I am not allowing my skin to 'shrink', by keeping it gently stretched/exercised (?) , it also keeps it moisturised as I've allowed the oil to be absorbed, and rinsing a little keeps it protected by not creating that moist, overly warm, trapped environment, so unhealthy for LS.

At home I use mostly a mixture of coconut oil and good manuka honey. I use a very little amount of each, mixed in the palm of my hand. I massage this in just before a shower, dab a drop of water, massage again, then have my shower. No soap or foaming products to clean. (By the way Manuka honey needs 'activating' with those essential few drops of water).

I also carry around a little pot of a popular skin Oil (the slightly pale pink one used for scars etc). Not so 'natural' but so accessible in every store. I use it after peeing , when convenient, in the day. Quickly massage a few drops in, a little rinse, pat dry, off I go.

This routine has kept my skin super healthy. If I do have a rare flare up I always use a tiniest smear (so small an amount that you can barely see it slightly glisten on your finger) of the strong steroidal ointment just twice a day for a few days, then reduce to once a day, then stop. The 'reducing-the-amount-then-stopping' the steroid ointment (for me) seems to be as important as the starting to use it.

Also I use natural anti-inflammatories, Eg Tumeric tablets with piperine, a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar in a drink of water.

I began to eat more carefully... I Looked at foods which alkalinise from the inside. Perhaps check out diets for auto-immune conditions. Keep a check on what you had 'given' your body before you had a flare up.

I hope things begin to improve for you Kimberley and that you find 'your way' . Take care Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.