New year

Posted , 9 users are following.

So it's here again, the time of year that for me has held such a range of emotions from the one extreme to the other, I sit here tonight with the strangest yet and that is reserved and quiet optimism, for me I am genuinely hopeful and not filled with that awful pain, reflective yes, thoughtful yes, appreciative yes, so to all on here yes it can happen, slowly, step by step, I'm 45 now and only the last year have I got to this place after a lifetime battle with me and depression

I wish you all peace in 2018 and thank you all for your support on my journey, be kind to yourself as you would to others. ?? 

5 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Happy and peaceful new year to you all xxxx 
  • Posted

Happy new year, let's hope 2018 will get better, baby sitting my grandkids found the vodka and coke (drink) and salt and vinegar hulahoops. Best wishes to everyone on this site that has supported me. You never know we might all get there which ever way we choose to go.

Love Tina xx

• Posted

Hello Crazycat

I sometimes wonder with Christmas and New Year if we leave the old year with to many expectations for the new, next year, I sit with my glass of export and a chaser of Malt considering what the next twelve months will hold.

I am sixty seven and have had to take a long list of medications for my Chronic disability, The drugs I take must be causing me a great deal of damage for the last thirty years and I am beginning to be frightened that my body will be unable to take the punishment of over thirty years of medication something will eventually give and I ill start bleeding out, caused by my insides been burnt by Opiates, NSIDs and ADs to name just a few.

However I have diverted from what I wish to say

All the very best for 2018, I wish everyone a wonderful 2018

BOB

• Posted

Happy New Year Bob. I hear you loud and clear but we are all here just a minute a day at a time. You cannot go anywhere we need you and all your wisdom here every day!! 

Hang in there and we will hang with you!

Diane🎉

• Posted

Yeah Bob we will be here for you. Yes and we do need you. Please stay with us. Please keep coming back. I check in every few hours a Day. Please hang on🧗???

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your positive feelings CC.  Reading about you had me thinking about where I am now compared to the past three years and I'm grateful that it's a good place.  It's not where I want to be but still a good feeling for now.    I can only wish all of us a peaceful year ahead and to end the year in a more positive place - whatever that may be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.