NEW YEAR, NEW OPPORTUNITIES

Posted , 8 users are following.

I wish all Forum members, old and new, a happy New Year.

Well folks we made it, right?

To quote from Invictus " Bloody but unbowed"

No matter what Anxiety/ Panic Disorder has thrown at us....and by God, it's hurled the worst, we're all still standing and we're all  still there for each other.

I hope you can all take courage from that as I am trying to do

I hope you can all put what has gone in the past  firmly behind you and concentrate on today with renewed energy

I hope you can all learn to put away fear of the symptoms and

acccept  that the symptoms in themselves cannot harm you

And I hope you can understand that you are brave, wonderful people who, despite your own sufferings, go that extra mile for each other

I am proud to be a member of this

Forum, proud to be part of that kindness, that unselfishness

And if I may quote Invictus again?

That poem ends

I AM THE MISTRESS OF MY FATE

THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL

It might have been written for us and us alone

Happy New Year, to one and all

Hugs Helen xx

8 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Helen 

All the very best for the coming New Year.

The only Anxiety here in the North is if we are left standing tommow morning.

We are having our next doors dog around later, while the Master is sliding down the wall. All we have here is a couple of Sausage Rolls and my favourite Malt Whiskey. Some nice strong Ales will also help as well

Happy New Year Helen, Lang my your lumb reek.

BOB

• Posted

Thank you, Bob. For your friendship and the help you have given me

And lang may your lumb reek too!!!

First time I heard that saying? When I met my fiction editor from DC Thomson (Dundee )....brings back fond memories

We'll hear the pipes bringing in the New Year together, Bob,

Hugs and blessings to you

Helen xx

• Posted

Thank You  Helen ! It feels good to know , that all of us , we can find support 

in here ! 

May the New Year be Anxiety free !!! 

Happy New Year ! ?🎉?🎉 Donna 

• Posted

Dear Helen

Thank you for your message. I, too, am so glad this forum exists. It always remind me that I am not in this alone and that there are many more out there feeling exactly the way I do (unfortuneatly!) However you are right in saying that anxiety never hurt anybody and we are all still here standing. I have enormous admiration for the bravery of all of us who have to face the difficulty of anxiety every day. Well done us!! And wishing you all a much better stress free 2017 with love and compassion.

All the best, Athol xx

• Posted

The same too you Helen a few empowering words at this time of year which I feel can be the worst as daily routine changes so anxiety can increase but we all can overcome xx
  • Posted

Thanks Helen you were one of the first people to reply to my original post when I was feeling awful. It truly helped. Happy new year to you too. Let's hope it's a great one for all of us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.