new year, new start with a little extra help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Havent been on here for a while, before christmas i was ready to give up, the weight loss had stopped and i was becoming more depressed (which is how i put the weight on in the first place).

In the new year after a long talk with my GP who wasnt that helpful when it came to orlistat, i decided i would join weight watchers as well as staying on the tablets.

I wasnt sure i would like it, i know its not for everyone, but i know i needed to do something, i had lost 1.5 stones and i didnt want to start putting it back on.

I am nearly 2 weeks into now and i have already lost 8.5lbs. I am so happy, although i had lots of support on here and i still read peoples posts, i do find going and being weighed weekly and talking face to face to people has helped me more.

The recipes and food ideas are what made it hard for me just being on orlistat.

You can work the two together, and i find now i am not stuck for ideas of what to eat.

If anyone is interested if you speak to your GP you can get vouchers from them which enables you to 12 weeks worth of vouchers which saves you quite a bit of money.

Hope you are all well and still loosing weight.

Keep up the good work

Tillydoll xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Tillydoll, welcome back. I have just taken out a subscription for Rosemary Conley's Health and Fitness magazine. It has got loads of low-fat recipes in it which might help you. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Tillydoll nice to hear from you

Glad to hear you are losing weight again :D

• Posted

Wow, that's a really good result, well done you!

Are you doing the Pro-points?

Jo

• Posted

hi tillydoll

i am new to orlistat i have also joined ww to get me motivated if i could have a weight loss like yours in 2 weeks i will be so happy.

linda

• Posted

Hi to you all,

thank you all for your kind words. Yes it is the new pro points system they have now. It took me a couple of days to get used to it, but once you get the hang of it, its really easy.

I feel so much happier now the scales are moving again :lol:

Hope you all have a good week

tillydoll xx

• Posted

I have my next weigh in on the 28th. I'll see how that goes but might consider WW, it sounds like the new plan is easier to follow than before.

You can also get vouchers from the doctor for slimming world. I suppose it's a bit like giving smokers nicotine patches for free, it's investing in saving the NHS money in the future by preventing long term or expensive issues.

I used to enjoy Rosemary Conely but I moved and didn't get on with the people at the new class, they were very clicky.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.