NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas.

I was reading a report on line about people making the wrong lifestyle choices and how drinking, smoking, lack of exercise, processed foods etc contribute to poor health.

Then I thought how clever us lot are 'cos we identified all that ages ago and we are being good people and now living healthier lifestyles to reduce our BP.

Well, I have a confession to make. I ate too much, had more than one beer and did not walk at all yesterday!!

So today I am "back on track" and my New Year Resolution is to keep focused and lower that BP!!

Happy New Year to you all!

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well done to you, I did.nt walk on christmas day either, been out briefly this morning, and it is way too cold to walk today so try again tomorrow. did,nt take my bp either so nervous about that so the first readings will be high.. have a Happy New Year!
  • Posted

Not to worry, forget about your lapse in diet...crack on and good luck with reducing the BP
    • Posted

You're very kind sandypiper. I like the word 'lapse'  it sounds better than 'gone to pot'!!

Had a much better day today.

Happy New Year.

• Posted

Happy New Year everyone. Definately need to get out and walk more but this wretched Bisoprolol 10 mgs makes my legs feel like lead and generally awful. Been on this dose for about a year now. My last B/P was 125/75 and thats with white coat hypertension ! I would like to go back and ask for it to be reduced but I have such a fear of doctors I keep putting it off. Anyone else have this problem ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.