Newbe here, Symptoms just started please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, just want to say I'm so glad i found this site and its so nice to see people supporting each other.

Two weeks ago i was perfectly fine. This week i feel like a different person! The flushes have started and happening every 30 minutes, it is making me so depressed & miserable from lack of sleep. Just so frequent that it takes over my whole day. My FHS level was 81.1 on Wednesday and i have an appointment on Monday to review the results.

I am 42, have 3 children and a supportive husband and feel like the strong woman I usually am has gone.

Has anyone got any advice on what's best to discuss with my gp.

Jo

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jopat ,glad you found us,hope you've looked through the past post. Lots having a bad time,so not alone .

No1 thing I'd not let dr do straight away is put you on meds for meno,go the Vit root first ,natural stuff for flushes  look on line ,Jay comes up with good tips to try  go take a look .Meds last resort,as this is what the only thing they can prescribe to menopause ,or HRT  but eventually you have to come off them ,ask females in your family what they took or done if they had bad menopause ,there be only to willing to share info,this site and others are proof to that.women help other women.

Hang in there.Dont get fobbed off,at any time,stick to your guns only you know how your feeling.you in UK or outside .Age and location helps on sites.so always put that up.xx

• Posted

Hello Jopat,

The women on this site are incredible and very helpful. I remember when I first started having symptons, my doctor (I am in the US) put a HRT patch on me, while I was uncontrollably weeping, couldn't even speak about all my symptons (bring a written list just in case you need to hand it to the doctor) and for 8 days I believed I would be all better. Didn't work out that way, so I found a different doctor and with list of issues in hand we have tried a few different things to help alleviate some issues.

Start with your biggest concerns and if you feel like the gp isn't listening, find another.

Also there is a wonderful lady on here, Jay who has a wealth of info to offer and I have found many of her suggestions to be incredibly helpful. 

Most of all, remember as difficult as it might be to believe right now, these feelings and issues are temporary and you are still the strong woman you always have been,even though right now it doesn't seem so. This will all pass, just not quick enough as we would like! Big hugs to you!

• Posted

Hi jopat1

I know how you feel about 2 weeks everything has changed and i really hate the person i have become but i truly feel like i have no control over it!! I try put i am moody and cry over such silly things. My gp was no help just said its all part of peri and not much you can do!! It is really hard being a woman sometimes and i just wish i could be my old self. if by chance your gp gives you good advice please let me know- tahnks kathy

• Posted

Take a look at the 67 meno symptoms Jay put up ,I thought at my age I knew most of them but turned out I didn't Jo ,I ended up ticking off 31 of them,tinnitus being one ,now that I didn't know ,and I've had that for quite some time.

One tip ,if you ever feel anxiety. ( that can keep you house bound for a bit ) and don't want to go out for exercise. Next bests things are in meno anxiety for indoor exercise is walk up and down your stairs as brisk as you can. And purchase exercise bike. Or a mini trampoline ,burns energy anxiety off.i do all 3 tip given to me by a nurse .

Thought pass that on .oh and eat as well as you can,she said only good food of any benefit  in menopause,and watch out for salt intake,and sugars .in menopause women get cravings like in pregnancy,she saw it a lot as a nurse.

• Posted

Hi marlene21102,  I am new here and I was reading all the post here about perimenopause as I am experiencing some of them.  I saw you wrote about the 67 meno symptoms Jay put up where can I find that to read about.  Btw who is Jay? 

I look forward to reading your advice and suggestions on the topic.

thanks

ameroon89350

• Posted

Hi if you look back on threads think it was beginning of last week or week before ,Jay on site placed it .Good read .

Jay will more than likely read this ,she will find your post today .

Get good info she finds on menopause .

have a read of all post,if having problems best advice ,or ask specific question,that you want answers to ,always say your age and where you live if not in UK  as different countries different med names,and brands and where to buy things from ie chemist or health food shops..that helps answering you.  All the best ,glad you found us ladies .

• Posted

Hi jopat all ladies on here are great we have  loads if things between us we can suggest . Make sure your doctor listens to what you want it's your body definitely try natural first before anything else a lady called jay has some awesome lists if vitamins and what they can do for you. Hot flushes a real pain dress in layers you can take off quickly when the heat  hits you . Carry cool wipes they can cool your skin quickly also nice spray in boots you can buy to spritz when you are too hot . If you are comfy telling people you are going red and hit because of hot flushes/ power surges do so it relieves the feeling if being centre of attention when the flush strikes and reduces stress . I'm hot on and off all day and in the early hours but trying acupuncture which seems to be reducing the frequency . Keep posting keep smiling 
    • Posted

My aunt always says she is having a "tropical moment"
    • Posted

Tropical moment ,that's a nicer description of it Taz,bless her another one of us .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.