Newbie!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Another newbie here! I started taking the tabs Monday, I have been eating totally healthily (honestly!) for months and swimming four hours a week with no weight loss! Had my thyroid checked which was fine so my doctor gave me Xenical.

I'm a bit worried about side effects because I suffer from IBS, so far so good though although from last night I've had trapped wind and haven't been able to \"go\" yet, which is driving me crazy as I want to see if it works!

I also find I've been soo hungry since taking it. I haven't had to alter my diet at all because I ate so well to begin with, but I find myself constantly having to eat Muller lights, fruit and snack a jacks! Anyone else have the same experiences just starting out? I got on the scales for a peek today and no changes yet.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Welcome squeak,

I had a similar problem to you with not losing weight and doing loads of cycling etc, then I was diagnosed with PCOS.

the best advise to give is have a read threw the posts as there are some great tips and advice as most of us are relatively new like yourself.

I am on my 2nd week, and I was fine until I had terrible migraines, but I went loo regular, but now I am suffering the bloating and constipation side- A few Dulcolax seemed to do the trick.

the tabs are swings and roundabouts, you have to weigh up the pro's and con's and my way of thinking if it helps me shift this excess weight then I am not beothered about the con's.

Anyway have a good read, as you will be amazed at the stories, laughs, and experiences.

Best of luck :wink:

• Posted

Hi and welcome Squeak.... smile
  • Posted

oh wow, just experiencing my first headache from the pills, god is it a stinker!
  • Posted

To 'squeak', I suffered with headaches before taking orlistat, but they are more frequent whilst on the tablets.I find Boots paracetamol and codeine are very effective and cheap.So maybe give these a try.But the headaches can be quite miserable, I agree.But with the results of your weight loss you will forget the pain (hopefully) !!!!! Good Luck xx
  • Posted

p s. does anybody else feel very tired whilst on these tabs.I always feel as though I could just go for a nap !!!
  • Posted

If I sit down during the day at any time, I'm fighting dropping off to sleep :? So I try to keep moving

With a five year old little girl thats not toooooo hard :lol:

• Posted

Thanks Sarabum, getting another headache already today, will nip to Boots at lunch and get some of those tablets. The Lactulose did the trick though and I've lost 2lbs since Monday! :D
  • Posted

Hope the painkillers work.Try drinking plenty fluids also.Think thats meant to help.Great news about the weight loss.Think we can put up with the aching heads if the scales are saying what we want cant we ????I'd sneaked a few pounds on since my wedding day in June but Im slowly saying goodbye to them as the days pass and then I can get the rest shifted.(Got another stone to lose).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.