newbie :)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have just started this today so trying to get my head around it smile so your aloud upto 15g of fat per meal , 45g over day ? Because I was thinking it was only 30g over day ? Which is right ? Lol would appreciate any tips smile thanks smile 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You are allowed 15g a meal total 45g 

But the golden rule is don't eat anything over 5g of fat per 100g so read every packet!! And don't go over 15g of fat per meal. Good luck smile

• Posted

Hiya, I started the tablets last Sunday 

I have been on these tablets before tho about 8 years ago and lost 5 stone ,

This last week iv been keeping to about 5g maybe a little bit more per meal , because I don't want the dreaded orange oil rolleyes 

Iv lost 3 lb upto now , but aiming to exercise next week because I know it really does increase the weightloss  

Also need to start drinking more too as it helps kerb the appetite 

Good luck smile

• Posted

I this is my 5 the day I'm trying to stick to no more than 1500 cal do u think this will work wot sort of thing do u eat
    • Posted

Well for breakfast iv been having crunchy nut cornflakes with banana 

Dinner -ham salad sandwich or chicken with a light spreading of mayo or a cup shot from B&M or aldi

Tea- Uncle Benns sweet and sour pot there in Morrisons about 99p at the min and I just add extra microwaveable packet  rice to fill me up 

Also aldi tomato and herb pasta with salad 

Then fruit to snack on or you can have yoghurt 

I just make sure it's 5g per 100

I sometimes pick on sweet pickled onions 

Beetroot 

Rice pudding (low fat of course )

You just have to read the labels on everything smile

• Posted

Wow thats fab smile I was on them a few years ago they did help but was slow rolleyes I did have a bad side effect one day lol luckily was not out in public smile so I stopped them and joined slimming world smile so have been going there for along time until recently I stopped cus I struggled with the plan and feel I need more control if you know what I mean smile and was just waisting money rolleyes so I thought I would give these another go and do some excercise smile and its great to have a group like this for extra support smile do u count calories or anything ? X
    • Posted

I'm not counting calories just sticking to the 5g fat per 100 rule ha 

Oh iv had the embarrassing oily moment too ,like you mine wasn't in public 😂

I also did slimming world but just couldn't get my head around it 😕

I'd had a consultation for a Gastric Sleeve but it just scares me so much and as daft as it seems it felt sorry for my stomach 😁 so I backed out and thought right I'm going to try these tablets again , because they do work if you stick to it 

I'm glad iv found this group too I'm new to it , 

And it's great to get support from people in the same boat 😊

• Posted

I will see how calorie counting goes smile the trouble with sw it has lead me to huge portions haha and I eat for the sake of it ! I know I would be mortified if happened in public lol 

Ooo yeah it does sound scary sad so I dont blame you smile I think we will all succeed if we stick together smile smile and stick to the rules smile x

• Posted

I did calorie counting 1400 a day I lost 4 stone in 4 months smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.